Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Backyard Pets . . . Herd of Coons

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar

My Backyard Pets . . . Herd of Coons

A couple of pics of what was going on in my backyard this past Saturday evening . . . actually this occurs on a nightly basis. It's getting a little out of hand now, I may need to borrow Uncle Ben's trap soon.

It started out as only a couple, now there's 10 - 12 of these critters showing up at my backdoor every night. One thing is for sure, the garbage disposal never gets used anymore, and no scraps go to waste. I go through at least one loaf of bread every night now . . . but they only get the 78 cent bread.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    GREAT pic's. We have 11 racoons and 3 possums that come up on the deck every night. I have 3 pans that I use to feed them dry dog food. They go through a 50 lbs bag every week. Kroger sells this "Old Yeller" dry dog food fairly cheap and that is what they get.

About 6 of the racoons are babies from last year and we watched them come in every night and eat and grow up to be adults.

Fun to watch and they are pretty.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Looks like almost a BBQ pit full.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CastnBlast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou The Fisherman View Post
    GREAT pic's. We have 11 racoons and 3 possums that come up on the deck every night. I have 3 pans that I use to feed them dry dog food. They go through a 50 lbs bag every week. Kroger sells this "Old Yeller" dry dog food fairly cheap and that is what they get.

About 6 of the racoons are babies from last year and we watched them come in every night and eat and grow up to be adults.

Fun to watch and they are pretty.
    We've actually named about half of them. It's funny that they all have their very own personalities, and have a particular part of the porch or yard where they like to eat. Good idea on the dog food, I may have to give that a try. These seem to prefer plain 'ole white bread over anything else. Yes, same here on the babies . . . we've counted at least 5 babies since early late spring/early summer. The possums don't last long though . . . the neighbor's German Shepherd ends up killing them.

Moderator Master in FishingTX Bass Fishin Tejanos's Avatar
    I think you are right it's time you get Ben to loan you that trap. Great pix's thanks for sharing
    BFT.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    they keep BURGLARS out

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar
    In Texas we have catfish muster's. But in Lousiana we have Racoon muster's.:dinnertime:
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar

Bar-B-Que

Quote Originally Posted by RodSmith View Post
    Looks like almost a BBQ pit full.
    I have to side in with Rod. Dang, if you could catch all them coons and putem in the freezer, you would have your winter meat for sure. Maybe next winter as well.
    There is a lot of good meat on one of them critters.
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    MAKE`S GOOD COON SOUP

Obsessed Jugging Addict Master in FishingTX kingwoodcatfisherman's Avatar
    I have a live trap with the trap door . You can use it if you want to relocate them one at a time. We use to take our possums , coons, and rabbits down to the river grove park here in kingwood and let them loose.
    A bad day fishing is better than a great day working ! :fart:

Live your life to the fullest !! That way when you die, the preacher doesn't have to lie.