Thread: Wolf Creek

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar

Wolf Creek

Here is a peek-a-boo of Wolf Creek camp site.
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

dpiper
    Nice sites. And the bulkhead looks good.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Is this the site for april?

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Nine Lives
    BigDave, did they also put in sewer hookups?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Steve this is the March 12 Muster. Hosted by Mr choo choo man.

To be honest Nine, when I arrived at the enterance there was a sign in the middle of the road stating "the park is closed" and another sign next to it stating "keep out" but on the back side it also said closed and nothing about keeping out. So I desided that was the side I needed to be on. At least until a made a quick overview and snapped a few pictures.

Overall this is what I saw. Well maintained and clean, small store for ice, bait, bread, etc. Covered fish cleaning station and good boat ramp, pier, play ground for kids. I don't remember seeing sewer on these sites.
    (choo choo man may know) Only two things I didn't like was at the campsite the steel bulkhead has bolts sticking out that would play heck on your boat if the water gets rough. Second with the new construction of the concrete pads it would be muddy if it rains. But heck we can work around that. Summation, very nice park. Looking foward to March 12th. I will make another trip after March 1st to get more pictures.
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Can you post directions on how to get there ??
    All very good accurate information especially on the signs!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice looking sites there, looks like they have taken care of it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Nine Lives
    We camped there once last summer and had a great time. Didn't take a boat though. We also enjoyed the putt-putt golf.

Nine Lives
    Wolf Creek: http://www.trinityra.org/Recreation/rec_WolfCreek.htm

From Houston – On Interstate 45 - Go North to Willis. Exit on Hwy 1097. Follow 1097 through Willis to dead end at Hwy 150. Turn right. Go approximately 17 miles to Coldspring. In Coldspring, turn left on Hwy 156. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on the right.

From Houston – On Hwy 59 - Go North to Cleveland, exit on Hwy 2025; turn left. Go 18 miles to dead end at Hwy 150; turn right. Go 1.6 miles to Hwy 156; turn left. Go 1 mile to Hwy 224; turn right. Wolf Creek Park is 5 miles on right.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Good Info
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain