Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dpiper & Mikecell Fishing Lake Conroe

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Guys, If your going black bass fishing on Conroe..... Jig and run red spinner baits around the tires at Anchorage. Jig with a pumpkin seed jig 3/4 oz. with a pork trailer on the South Side of the 1097 rip rap. If you go to the north end of the lake look for some bedding fish. The fish are bedding on Rayburn already so Conroe should be around the same.

Just remember that the further south you go start looking further from shore for staging fish. 1/2 oz. Red Spinner baits and Red Rattle traps should put a few in the boat. I've caught many a good fish between the bank along the little barrier thing to the little island at Anchorage. Crankbaits work best over there, especially if they are bangin the bottom.

Top-R's are deadly on that lake during the afternoon when the sun gets up.

Top worm colors should be red shad, Watermelon, and Pumpkin Seed. If the water melon and punkin seed are slow dip about an inch of the tail in chartreuse dipndie. Use 1/8 oz sinkers for Texas rigs and don't forget the Carolina rigs, lizards work best.

That should keep you busy for a couple hours.
    Phish On!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Wow, that is some awesome tips CajunDan. Teamgonzo and I are going to have to hit you up once we get rigged up for crappie and bass fishing.

Looks like your full of tips.

Keep them comming... thanks
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Let's just say I've had my fair share of bass fishin. Only been seriously crappie fishin for a couple years now but they act very similiar to the bass so it's not much of a change, always a challenge though.
    Jug fishin about the same as the crappie.

I'm glad I don't bass fish very much now. It got to be to much like a job. Kinda fun to go out and put it on'em for a couple hours but after that I'm ready for some crappie fishin in the shade or runnin them jugs....

I got a lot of my old fishin buddies laughin at me now cause I'm jug fishin and drownin minnows with the "old and the ignorant" as they call it. Don't bother me none cause I know the truth. There ain't no money in it so they think it's not worth their time. I'm not in it for the money though. I just want to relax and take my family along. Know what I mean?
    Phish On!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Exactly

I fished a few tournaments here and there and will do so again in the future, but If I am not having fun fishing and being able to enjoy it with friends and family then it's time to move on to something else. Money is nice but the time spent with friends and family is worth more than a prize check at a tournamen to me
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

dpiper

Enjoyable day with Florida Mike Today

Mike My son and I hit Lake Conroe today to catch some bass this morning. We first droped ten jugs and then headed up Litttle Creek.

In the bass category we caught 3 bass, which were all released.

On the ten jugs be caught eleven cats and one Stripper. The Stripper was photographed and released.

The wind was upwards of 15+, which muddied the water and made hard to jug.

Mike thanks for the pointers. I'm looking forward to our next trip.
    Here are the photos taken.

dpiper
    One of the bass we caught.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Good show piper , we'll see how Lake Houston treats the man from Florida ,I is gonna overdoze on nightquil and hope to drag my ole carcass out in the morning we going out at day break and catch them at the breakfast table, lhehehhe

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    It looks like you all had a great time, bass, catfish and a striper. That's a pretty rounded day I think. Like I said, you guys have all the fun =)
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Larry G
    How big was the Stripper? He looks to be 8 or so. Nice catch guys. PS.............DP, how do you keep that hat so clean? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Hey Al, Ole CD don't really fish he is a robot and copied that from another fishing site bwahhhahhahh, just kidding Cd.U darn tooting
    All kidding ahside I have fished with CD and he is one of Fishingtx finest, a good nononsense kind of guy who loves to fish. :lol: