Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TeamGonzo's finally back!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with a little slime, good sign that the fish are being caught. Good luck with the maiden voyage and hope you guys get into the fish.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    We'll be hitting the lake Sunday morning if the weather permits. I want to drop about 6 to 8 jugs and come back and pick them up about 2 hours later. We mainly want to get out on the lake and cruise around, which we haven't been able to do yet considering I only have a 6HP. We want to see the east and west forks, RR tracks, and mainly the dam, luces bayou, etc... just get fimiliar with the lake.... and hopefully bring home a slab of meat for dinner. We'll see.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Good Luck,

Hope the weather holds up and the fish are biting.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    Keep in mind it's 11 miles to the dam from 1960. Take extra gas with you!
    Catfish...the other white meat.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    That bow rider will do good on jugs crappie bass and even watersking it's a good all around multipurpose boat.
    Make sure your fire extinguisher is charged and all your pFDs are in the boat the lake patrol always checks pretty new boats

Good call Ben, nothing worse than having to pay a fine on the maiden voyage of your boat. Good luck you guys hope you catch more fish than you know what to do with. I am gonna try and get some fishing in this weekend if I can, hope the weather cooperates with me.
    -Mark Twain

JonW... thnks for the tip on the dam... I actually didn't think it was that far. Oh well, I'll take an extra 5 gallon can of gas.

Thanks Ben.... I'll double check the fire extinguisher before heading out.

Anybody care to meet us out there Sunday morning if the weather is OK. We sure could use a helping hand on learning the lake and the do's and dont's on those boats.

Lunch is on us.... Anybody?

By the way, Teamgonzo got the Depth Finder, compass, lights, and everything going last night. We're ready....

Sounds like you guys are ready to start pulling in those fish, good luck and be safe this weekend
    -Mark Twain

So Teamgonzo and I finally hit the lake in his new boat.

The day started out as a desaster, as his boat would not start, and when it did start he had all kinds of problems. After finally sitting docked for a few hours we finally decided that it might be the battery. My father-inlaw went and bought a new battery, and about an hour after he left, we finally had a battery that worked. We finally got the motor to turn, and it finally worked. We took it for a spin, learn a few things about the boat, and turned out to be a good day.

The day had it's ups and downs, like the rain, and me hanging halfway in the water, and sitting around like idiots on the dock at Deusen Park for a few hours while other spend five minutes launching their million dollar boats.... but other than that, the boat worked fine I think, it just needed to be ran for a while. Now it will crank right up.

We didn't fish much, but I did manage to drop one jug with five hooks full of Charlie's Catfish Soap. When we looked for it, it was gone, Teamgonzo is still out there, hopefully he will come back with my jug and atleast a catfish or two.

We did manage to learn a whole lot of things about his boat, and boating in general, that we didn't know.

Maybe next time we go, we will atleast have time to fish.

Momma didn't want me to go, and it looks like I put myself in hot water, but she'll get over it. I guess it's too early to go fishing, considering that my newborn is only three weeks old.

I'll post more on this later.