Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TeamGonzo's finally back!!!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Yep, the old girl just needed to stretch her legs some. I'll bet it runs great after just a trip or two. It's a darn good looking boat too.

I hope you find your jug. It's bad to think it might be loaded with fish and you never get the chance to even see 'em.

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    The more you use her the more you'll like her and get to know her.
    Hot water? every time i go fishing i get in hot water and i been married 36 yrs :shock: to the same woman.
    Women do not like to see a man enjoy himself thats why they close their eyes during very intimate moments.
    Hang in there, it will get better :lol:

dpiper
    Remember Al the Christmas jug we found 5-weeks later with a fish on it. Good luck.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    You found a jug five weeks later that still had the fish on!??
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Glad you guys got to get the boat in the water, on a first trip something goes wrong that is just the way it works, but it worked out in the end and that is what matters. Glad you got the boat running good and each trip will get better and better.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

That jug may just be taking a ride on the back of a big ol blue or flathead, you should find it soon and hopefully the big cat that ran off with it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

dpiper
    Yes and the blue had been on there awhile. It had a sore lip and it was a little skinny for a blue.

I remember you posting that story piper, pretty cool to be able to find a fish that long after the jug was lost and it still be alive and kicking.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I don't plan on making it out there any time soon, so I wil consider that jug lost. Besides it was set a couple hundred yards North of the restricted Dam area. With my luck that jug will be floating right there close to the drop off where I can't get to. Atleast we got to see the dam. Although I wanted to see the bottom of the drop off and not the top part.

Maybe I'll take my wife and son fishing and see the other end soon.

Atleast I got a chance to use Charlie's Soap... although it remains a mystery if we caught anything or not. For Steve's sake, let's just say that a monster catfish took the soap (Jug and All) under never to return. Maybe it was that same one that attempted to murder our dear friend Gentleben. We'll never know.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Hope you are able to recover that jug, At least you were able to get out on the water and explore the lake. More good times ahead now that you guys will be hitting the water
    -Mark Twain