Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TeamGonzo's finally back!!!

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Well, let's just say that the only reason the day didn't turn out so good was because we couldn't find that jug. We looked and looked, but the water was too choppy and it must have been dragged over to the dam. All in all, I mainly wanted to get the boat out and stretch it's legs. If we caught anything, that would have been a plus. But, my main goal was to get the boat on the water and get everything working on it. Everything works fine now that we have a better battery to start her up. I'm gonna charge up the other battery and use it for all my accessories. Everything is totally legal on it, from the first aid kit to the fire extinguishers, so we're ready now!!! Algonzo, after talking to the in-laws, it sounds like they want to go out on March 6 for a family gathering there at Deussen, so we might be able to find that jug afterall. Maybe we can actually start catching some fish then, now that our boat is ready and willing!!! Here's a picture of her with some of the new gadgets, but maybe next time the water won't be so choppy so I can set up the depth finder properly. All I know is she ain't pretty or new, but she gets in the water and goes! I like the fact that she sits low so it doesn't take much to lean over to pick up a jug, either. She's got some flaws, but she'll work! Algonzo, all we need now are the hall passes and some FishingTX.com decals to slap on the sides!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice setup, all that really matters is that it floats and gives you a way to get to the fish.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain