Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TeamGonzo's finally back!!!

Member Hooked on FishingTX

TeamGonzo's finally back!!!

I know I've been away for a little while, but work has me traveling everywhere. I've been in Florida twice and Belgium once, for a total of three weeks. Now I'm back and guess what? TeamGonzo's finally got his own boat now. It's not much, but it's a boat. It will get us out on the water and get us back. I'm posting a couple of pics of it so everyone can see what she looks like. Me and Algonzo are hoping to take it out on the lake Sunday morning to test it out (if it doesn't rain). The mechanic said the motor (Johnson 70) is in very good condition and there are no cracks on the bottom of the boat either. The only thing he suggested was to have the timing adjusted under load. Does anyone know how much that will cost and where I could go to get that done? Boy, it feels good to be back.....and best of all, my wife got the boat for me for Valentines Day!!! AND.....she even gave me the hall pass to start going fishing again (now that the newborn is 2 and a half months). WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Alrighty well get ready cause crappie season fixing to start up.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    It looks like a big ol' fat lickin pot hound layin on the floor of your garage....That'd be a hack of a fishin partner..... :lol:
    Phish On!

That's weird cuz Algonzo (my fishing parnter and brother) wasn't even IN that picture!!! Ha, ha, just kiddin, bro! Those pics were taken at my buddies house who I bought the boat from. Luckily I don't have a lard of a dog like that!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Hi Gonzo,

I haven't met you yet but I'm glad to see that you're back. There's only two things wrong with your boat... I'm not in it and we're not already on the way to the lake. :lol:

Just kidding, it's a sharp looking boat and it looks like it was really well maintained. I'm glad to meet you Gonzo.

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

flatcats, it's always a pleasure to meet new people! There's plenty of seats on her, so anyone is more than welcome to hop in if I see you on the lake! Yeah, the boat was my buddies grand-fathers before he passed away, so he maintained it very well. I'd like to do some things to it here and there like replace the carpet, add compartments, etc. Can't wait to get the bottom of my Valentine slimmy!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    Welcome back, TeamGonzo! Good luck with your boat.
    Catfish...the other white meat.

Thin Water Tracker
    Welcome Back TG look like you'll be knock them dead here soon.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome back TeamGonzo

nice looking rig,
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I took a few pictures of it last night... but I forgot the camera in the wifes car. I'll get some more in the daytime. Good lookin boat though. Can't wait to get it slimed....
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!