Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galveston bay area

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Don't forget the camera! We want to see some fishing pictures. Good Luck and enjoy your day!
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Let us know how it goes, weather is looking pretty good
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

christina

Friday report 02.18.05

I got up at 4am Friday morning so that I could get from Magnolia to Seabrook before daylight. By 8:30, I gave up. Nothing was going on down there. I even ran down 146 to Bayclif in hopes things were different down that way, but it wasn't.

I went on and visited with some friends that live in the Pearland/Alvin area for the next fews hours. Around 2, I was getting ready to head back north to Magnolia, but decided to try just one more time at Seabrook. I was only 30-40 minutes away versus almost 2 hours.

Not great luck in the end, but I was able to catch 2 small flounder. Both were 8-10 inches, but at least it was better than nothing.

Figured it was going to rain all day Saturday, so I hung around my side of town. Although it was overcast, it never rained here. Got up early this morning, thinking of heading back south and what.... it is raining and is still raining. I'm still off tomorrow, so I may try it again.

Hopefully everyone else had a more productive weekend than mine.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Get you some juggs and head for a fresh water lake you'll always catch a few or more !!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    Well forget the camera and head on down below I-10 to see for yourself. Today started slow with some light rain and a low tide but a few lucky drifts, a rising tide, 5 nice trout, 3 angry flounder and one pole breaking Red never to be seen again later, We were happy as a bug in a rug. The weather helped to ease the weekend traffic and a red and green sea shad provided a low fat, low calorie meal for some hungry fish. West bay delivered the goods. The S/W wind really started to blow about 11:00 and really slowed everything down. Hope next weekend is just as good as the water is reported to about 60 degrees and rising. Ive got a few flounder fillets left over but they wont last long. Any Fishing tx member can pick them up but hurry before I just eat them myself :P .

Larry G
    How about that wind today Minner. Yeh, about 11 up here also. Kinda hard to work jugs when the waves are coming over the front of the pontoon. I felt like I was on the coast. Glad ya had a good day!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    Hey larry. Where did you fish today and how did you do? That wind really blew even though there was only a predicted 10-20. Felt more like 30. The open bay looked like victory at sea. I stayed in more protected waters.

dpiper
    The winds on Conroe were up at 15+ today. Made it tough to jug. It also made the upper creeks muddy. Well at least little creek was muddy.

Larry G
    I'll not do high winds again!!!!!!!!!! Especially by myself. I set out thin water jugs in our cove and it was rough up there also. :!:

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    That wind is brutal at times, I know I have been caught in some of the heavy stuff before and it is no fun at all. Better to be safe than sorry when dealing with higher winds.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain