Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galveston bay area

christina

Galveston bay area

Anyone been fishing in the Galveston/Texas City/Seabrook area lately? I haven't been saltwater fishing in a while, but since I have Friday off I plan on getting down that way if it is worth it.

dpiper
    Nothings better than celebrating your b'day fishing. Have a good day and good luck.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Sounds fun, hope the fish are biting and the weather is nice. Let us know how it goes if you make it down there
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    I fish those waters alot and its always worth it. The north wind from the front should set Seabrook up for some calm water and happy hungry fish. If all else fails there are plenty of fish markets in the area.

LOL

good advice minner skinner, those fish markets keep us all from getting skunked, not that I have ever used one before
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

christina
    Thanks yall. I'm looking forward to leaving Magnolia at 5am for fishing, even though I hate leaving at 5:30 for work. LOL

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me and I'll be able to bring back at least one descent flounder for my dinner. If not, I guess I'll have to try the fish market like you said. Never done that one before, but guess there is a first for everything.

Thin Water Tracker
    Christina the San Leon shore line is a good place to look for flounder. Just work close to the piers and old piers that are broken up. Just remember when going after those flat fish slow way down and if using live bait give them time to take it down before hitting them.

Good luck Christina, hope the fish are biting
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    and set the hook on those flat suckers like bill dance does on Sat morning T.V. Ive had too many let go just outside of my nets reach. I hate when dinner swims away.

Thin Water Tracker
    They are one fish that can spit a hook after you think hit them so hard that their eyes would have pop out and just as soon as you get them up close and give them some slack out pop that hook.