Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goin bank Fishin

dpiper
    Especially that lower one. Plenty fat.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    The mister twister grubs are good bass catching baits. I like the use the chartreuse color as well the pumpkinseed color. They are great crappie baits as well.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Man, those look great! I envy folks that know exactly where to fish for bass this time of year. Nice catch!

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

basscatcher4

Bank Fishin

well..., i cant view them myself, but if you all can see them then i`m happy with that!!

basscatcher4
    in a few days i will be posting driving directions on this page to "Lowery`s Crossing" which is actually the East Fork Trinity River, near where it drains into Lake Lavon. This area produces some excellent bass and crappie fishing during the pre-spawn and spawning periods. there is a bait store nearby as well as a boat ramp at Bratonia Park

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Cool! Send it on.
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Basscatcher4

We look forward to directions to any fishing spots, especially the ones that are producing fish like that.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

basscatcher4
    ok, i know that y`all have been waiting on me to post driving directions to one of my favorite bank fishin holes around here... so here it is:
    coming from Dallas, US-75 North, follow these directions

1:Take EXIT 37 toward FM-2786/STACY ROAD. 0.1 mile

2: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto N FEDERAL DR/CENTRAL EXY N. 0.1 mile

3: Turn RIGHT onto STACY RD/FM 2786 E. 2.7 miles

4: Turn LEFT onto COUNTRY CLUB RD/FM 1378. 0.2 mile

5: Turn RIGHT onto STACEY RD/CR-266. Continue to follow CR-266. 2.3 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto ORR RD/CR-317. 0.7 mile

7: Turn RIGHT onto CR-325. 0.5 mile

8: Turn LEFT onto CR-324. 1.0 mile

9: Turn RIGHT onto FM 546. 0.7 mile

10: End at S Bridgefarmer Rd & Fm 546, Mckinney, TX

This isnt the spot where i caught the bass at, but it does produce a lot of great fish during the spawn. as a matter of fact, i`ll be there all day tomorrow running up and down the creek bank in search of the honey hole. I usually head north up the creek and look for a log jam and start fishing there first. I went north up the creek just a few days ago and didnt see a log jam so tomorrow i may head south downstream from FM 546 tomorrow and see what it looks like down that way.
    If you continue on passed the creek you will run into Bratonia Park on the right side of the road where you can launch a boat from. Fair warning!! It is very difficult to find the mouth of the east fork trinity river if you launch from Bratonia Park and dont have much knowledge of this area of Lake Lavon, but with all the standing timber you can still get in some nice crappie, bass and catfishing here.
    The nearest bait store is located just a little farther up the road, where fm 546 and fm 3286 "T" into each other, take a right at this intersection and the bait store ( Branch Grocery) is right there on the right. They sell an assortment of live baits, they use to sell fishing license there but i dont think they do any longer. Anyway, here`s the bait stores phone number if you want to call for a fishing report in the area.
    Branch Grocery & Bait
    9429 FM 3286
    Princeton, Tx 75407
    (972)-736-2732
    You can get driving directions from your house to this fishin hole at mapquest.com by typing in the intersection of S. Bridgefarmer Rd. and FM 546

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Bass cather can you see the pics now/?

Basscatcher4

Nice Post
    -Mark Twain