Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough Weekend

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar

Rough Weekend

I took Friday off work so that I could take my truck into the shop and have the front end checked out. I knew the breaks needed to be worked on and the rotors needed to be machined, but man did I get a shock when the first guy at Just Breaks told me it would be $900 to replace the rotors and ther rear cylinder. Then when I told him I would find a better deal he tried to tell me my truck was unsafe to drive and he could not let me leave the parking lot. Well I was a little upset and I told him to give me my keys or I would call the BBB on him, he quickly turned my keys over with a smile

I went to a great shop Kwik Kar to have my truck worked on and they had it finished in a few hours and it cost me $500, for the exact same thing the Scam artist wanted to do.

I was glad to have my truck fixed up and thought my luck was turning around when I walked out of my house saturday morning to do some fishing with my cousin and what do I see a flat front tire on my wife's car, well it was raining so changing the tire was no fun at all, but It was a blessing in disguise, my other front tire had a slight rip on the inside and the belt was showing. So I was able to get 2 new front tires ( Uniroyal) 50k mile tires with roadharzard and all the goodies mounted for $98 a great deal for those tires.

If I was not able to catch a few fish this weekend I would have really been depressed. I took a day off work and expected to spend a little money but all in all I spent $600 on vehicles.

What is so funny is I just got a bonus check from work, it came at just the right time to cover these repairs.

Anyone else have a weekend like mine?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Larry G
    Dang Dwayne, when it rains at your house, it really pours doesn't it.

Sure does, but I would rather have a safe vehicle and a little less money in my pocket than a unsafe vehicle.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    They tried to get Teamgonzo like that a couple of years ago too. He went to a Just Breaks in Katy for a typical brake job. They told him the same scam story and wanted to also charge him in the $900.00 price range, and told him the same thing that they cannot allow him to leave in his car.

The funny part is that he also told them the same thing... that he would call BBB if they didn't give him his car back... and he drove out within minutes.

what scam artists... I tell you.

That's why it's always good to know a good mechanic that you can really trust, or they will charge you hundreds of dollars for a basic chump change job.

That's why I do most of my maintence and everything possible myself. If my rotors need machining, I simply pop them off, and drop them off at my local Auto Zone for about 5 or 10 bucks each. Brakes have lifetime warranty, and I have all the tools at home. So my typical brake job will cost me about well under $50.00. That means more money for fishing.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

I wish I could have done it myself, but the rotors actually had to be replaced because they had gotten so bad. My fishing budget took a big hit and I will not be buying any fishing lures or baits for a while.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Dwayne buddy, had I lived anywhere close to you I would have done it for you for the cost of parts. I frigging hate outfits that do that to folks!!

Just the same, you're safely on the road now at a much better price.
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Me TOO! Can't stand the thought of being ripped off. You did good. Always get two or three opinions.
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Well I saw what is wrong with both posts on Dewaynez and algonzo you all took your vehicles to "Just Breaks " instead of "Just Brakes" that s' why they tried to rip you off they were counterfiets , bwahahahhahhaha

LOL

I did not even notice that, yep they tried to break me, but I work hard for my money and I not gonna throw it away on some scam artist who wants to make a quick buck.
    -Mark Twain

dpiper
    WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?