Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston Muster

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    Thank you, dpiper.

Hopefully my boat will be fixed and running. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that draining the gas tank and changing the fuel pump will get it going. Won't know 'til Monday at best.
    Catfish...the other white meat.

dpiper
    Wolfcreek is fully booked including tent sites. I recommend San Jacinto Inn or Holiday Shores Marina. See numbers from above.

dpiper
    I don't want to get anybody's hopes up but the weather for next weekend is looking ideal.

choo choo man
    sorry to hear the park is full up,i have gone when it was booked up and got in on account of cancellations.so thats something to check on,call everday to see if they have any.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Rode the scooter this morning to Wolf Creek to check things out. Yep, it was a bit on the chilly side. Met Lisa, she runs the park store. Extremly nice and makes a good cup of coffee. Talked with a few guys R & R fishing off the bulkhead. They were picking up a few cats in the three to four pound range. Two of them were brothers, they had made theirselves each a rod holder out of used 1 x 4s that held 4 long rods. I became intrigued when they showed me how they were hinged so you could lay it flat when traveling. Realy neat set up. Think I'll bring my long rods next weekend.

I also talked with the attendents. Each site with a travel camper is allowed one tent and ten people camping on the site. It will cost $4 dollars per car and $2 day / $1 nite. Camp fires are allowed. I will be bringing the 10' x 20' tent and the big gas heater. Anyone that wants to sleep in it is welcome. The rest rooms/showers are very clean. (see first picture).
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

dpiper
    JonW I spoke with choo choo man and he recommended you p[itch you tent on his spot. The more the marrier.

Thanks Dave. Where are the pics of the rod hoolders?

Dang, I just got off the phone with Ben. He asked me the same question. Ok....I am still trying to to keep up with the amount of pictures Ben takes. I just don't think about having the camera with me. But I am working on it.

Hey, choo choo man what do you need us to bring to the muster? Also when are you leaving to go to Wolf Creek? I plan on going shopping tomorrow.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    OK, if he's got room for me, my wife, and our baby. As long as I've got my boat fixed, I'll be there. I took vacation from work this weekend.
    Catfish...the other white meat.

JonW, Get her done and come on. What's wrong with it?

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Git r done!!! he said jonw!!
    BigDave it is "mind over matter", if you "don't mind, then it don't matter" bwahhahahhahah