Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3rd. Fairfield Gathering

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Hey Obiewan it was great to meet up with you, sorry the fishing was not better. Jackie has continued to have motor problems, thought we were gonna have to paddle in today, now I know why he wants somebody to go with him, free labor.
    Scott has develped prop problems. I cant help but think the hydrilla may have something to do with some of our problems, keeps getting in to the motors and clogging things up and fouling props too.

Hey Big Al, it was great to meet ya, have dinner with ya, even though you cannot cut up an onion to JK's likeing, now you know why he don't have no cook :lol: ...Some folks change their eating habits when they go camping, JK, he just changes locations, rest of the habits are the same :lol: ...I did see him wash his hands before eating though, that son of a gun...they's might be hope for him yet...nwo if he can find someone to teach him how to fish, huh? Oh yes, I forgot to tell you how smart you were, setting your tent a camping site away from JK, he he he, someone must have been advising you on that trip... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Obiewan, not too sure how smart I was to let him get so close. When I came back in Fri. evening he had moved into my site and told me "I think you have enough room to get in down there." Then he kept sitting that orange bucket of sour corn outside my tent window to remind me he was still there. Whew the rest of the time was rough. Good thing Hooker was there to help me out with him. Dont know what I wouldve done without him. I do think I may have found a way to control im though, just get the preacher to bring in a box of fried chicken and tell JK he cant have any unless he behaves. At least it worked Thur. nite.

I wish to thank these people who made it to Fairfield:
    Weldon Kirk-College Station
    Preacher Albert Green, his son, daughter, son by-law, and grandson-Lancaster
    Bigarmed Brett, Regina, and Peyton-Conroe
    Big_Al-Waco
    Hooker-Lewisville
    Scott Smith-Grapeland
    Ricky Baker, Aundria, and mama by-law-Palestine/Atherns
    Jugliner and friend-Waco
    We fished hard and long but had less than deseriable results, the first night was best with four yellercats, and a cooler of channels. R&R fishing was very slow, but jugs was not far behind. the lake temperature was up somewhat and all fish are in staging pattern for the spawn. Everything had eggs and about to pop.
    Boat trouble was abound, Scott had a prop go south, and my motor developed a case of the overheats and don'ts.
    We had fish on Saturday and Sunday night, with campfire cook bigarmed doing the honors. Very tasty.
    I will admit I shared a campsite with Big_Al, and Hooker and heard whispers of the good, bad and the ugly, still trying to finger out who was who in that deal.
    Big_Al and I set jugs and fished Thursday night, along with Preacher Albert Green. We fished the dam, cold water intake, and lighted pier with little to no luck. Weldon Kirk rolled in bright and early Friday morning, we fished until 3 PM with very little results, fished for catfish&Reds. Weldon dashed out of town for spots unknown, probably qualifies for best move of the weekend. I slept a few hours waiting on bigarmed and he showed but in true bigarmed style didn't find us until Satruday morning. He did have the bathroom deal under control this time getting a spot right across the street. Hooker showed up in the mix somewhere but I was very scattered by this time, he did save my bacon on a ticket from the campsite gal by bribing her with candy, and sweet talk. Scott Smith rolled in and began to fish.Big_Al headed back to Waco to report inat jail. Later Saturday evening Ricky&Aundria Baker with maam by-law showed up and ate fish but fingerd out this crowd was a dab shady for refined folks, so they headed back to the holy land of Palestine. Jugliner and his friend showed up and everyone got scattered by this time. Bigarm&Scott fished together, as did jugliner and friend, Hooker and I started out on our venture, and it was most eventful. we did not see anyone the rest of the night, and everyone knew I was going to fish the dam. Maybe I was suffering from sleep deprivation but was thinking things was planned a little better than acted out.
    I plan to have no further gatherings and will stick to just fishing with a few people form time to time. I believe a gathering to be too much trouble and doesn't serve the purpose I think they should. I had fun but not sure others did.
    I always like to get together with old friends and new fishing pals from the net, but somehow it just doesn't allow for the maximum fellowship or sharing of fishing knowledge.
    let hm roll,
    jk

JK,
    Does seem confusing at times with everyones own agenda, I look foreward to being able to fish/learn from you at times of our choosing--Stay in touch my friend, as will I

I have to agree on the confusing, however the weekend was great for me. I had a blast and as usual learned some more about fishing in ways I had not thought of before, always try to learn something new each trip and so far have not failed. Will try to keep in touch with all of you.
    Al

Confusing??? what ya expect when ya get 400 rednecks tied up togheter at the same hitchin post!!lol