Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are at it again

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar

They are at it again

Well Peta is at it again, they are asking the state of Nebraska to outlaw catfishing because they feel it is cruelty to animals to harvest catfish.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conserva...7/2007363.html
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

bluesmavin
    I practice the catch and release method. Catch and release in hot grease.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Darn vegetarians....

Pretty soon they'll want to outlaw slaughtering cows, harvesting chicken eggs and chickens, because it is cruel to kill them, and they have to right to live just like we do.

Then we'll all have to be vegetarians...... :crazyeye: lol
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Bluesmavin

I agree, nothing wrong with some good fried catfish fillets
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Algonzo

I know it's a scary thing, I love vegetables as well, but they people are a little out there and they have some very twisted views on all outdoor activities. If they had their way we would not be able to do anything.
    -Mark Twain

bluesmavin
    I barter some of my cats at the local corner store.I wonder if that would be PETA approved. I might have PETA and MADD coming down on me all at once. "oy vay"

LOL

Don't know about that one, Everyone loves catfish though, maybe they will take some at my local store in exchange for some gas, prices are getting so high I need some kinda discount.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    Nothing, and I mean NOTHING ticks me off more than peta.

As long as there's a 1st amendment they can kiss my shiney little. I don't apologize either. :evil:

By the way, MADD stands for "Mothers against drunk driving". They're not connected to any animal rights stuff.
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

LOL

Steve

I have the same image saved on my computer, great slogan and great billboard. I agree completely, we have the right to fish, hunt, and take part in any other outdoor activities we see fit. We buy a fishing license for a reason and invest in equipment for a reason to enjoy the sport and put food on the table.
    -Mark Twain

dpiper
    Maybe he's trading catfish for beer.