Thread: Redfish Farm in Texas City

dpiper

Redfish Farm in Texas City

I remember that there was a redfish farm in Texas City. This farm was open to the public. You could fish for the Redc Drums and the cost of the fish was determinded by the fish you caught.

I cannot remember the name of the farm. Can anybody shed some light on this farm for me?

Thin Water Tracker
    Don I don't know the name but I'll take a look over on 2cool I know there has been some post with the INFO. and Number. I do remember what ever you hook you buy no throw backs.

michael dill
    The redfish farm, open to the public on Sat.'s and Sun.'s from 0800-1700 $5.00 entry per person. Artificials only with barbless hooks, keep what you catch no throw backs @ $3.65 / pound. Its great for the kids.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, The pay by the pound farms are great, but they can get pricey.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    This farm is called Max Teare's Fish Farm in Baycliff. April 24 they are holding a redfish tournament. There is a lure and also a fly category. There will be prizes, food and raffles. There is no mention of a fee but the first fish is free additional fish will cost ya. No license is required. They claim to have redfish, black drum, flounder, snook and exotics species in these ponds. It starts at 3:00 pm till 8:30 pm. See you there.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Minner Skinner

thanks for the info, that sounds like it would be really cool
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain