Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston Muster

dpiper

Lake Livingston Muster

This muster was great. We all had a good time socializing with each other. Johnruss and Lets fish are riots. If your alergic to laughing then stay away. I mean way far away. Trombone, choo choo, and bigdave did yomens duty running this muster. They did a great job. Wolf Creek park is a beautiful and very clean park. We ought to think abought having anoth one there.

Saturday afternoon when we weigh the fish we had 90lbs to fillet. I think we had four filleters and two or three trimmers (I need the pics to make for sure). I didn't time it but seemed like they only took 20 - 25 minutes. Dave was left wanting more, bwahahaha. And he missed the calls when are yall going to be through. For those that don't know Dave fillet'd most if not all the fish at the last muster while we were calling wondering what was taking so long.

The days were excellent but the wind (out on the water) were awful, which left the jugging to early mornings or nights. The fish were mostly in the deeper waters.

I did not take many pics my self but others did. I put my pics under fishing trips at LL Muster Pictures

If anybody else has trouble uploading their picture just email them to me at [email protected] and I will load them. We especially want the pictures of the filleting.

dpiper
    Forgive me if I missed anybody or got your name wrong but here goes.

Attendees were:
    Choo choo man
    Sylvia
    Bigdave
    Debbi (Dave's wife)
    Levi (Dave's son)
    Trombone
    dpiper
    Vickie Piper (my wife)
    Kameron Piper (my son)
    Johnruss (when you meet this guy ask him about the snake)
    rpiper
    srpiper
    Debbie (rpiper's wife)
    Shelli (rpiper's daughter)
    Kelli (rpiper's daughter)
    Lets fish.
    JonW
    Andrea (Jon's wife)
    Brooke (Jon's daughter)
    Mikecell
    bgbluecat
    Lexi (bgbluecat's grand daughter) This is on tough little girl.
    and finally Gentleben was there via his cell phone.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    good show!

mikechell
    I must say, the muster was a blast. I made conflicting plans, and had to leave Saturday night. Turns out the other plans fell through, so I went fishing on Sheldon Resevoir by myself. Caught 20 bass in less than 7 hours. I want to thank all who showed at the muster while I was there. You are a bunch of very good people. I am looking forward to the next one. Dave, thanks for taking me bass fishing on Livingston. Bob, I am planning on taking you up on your offer, look for an E-mail from me soon.

Mike

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Hey Mike, I've always read that Sheldon Resevoir was a waste of time, and there was not fish in there. I guess you proved them wrong.

Just curious, what where the bass taking?

And how are the lilly pads this time of year?
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Sounds like you all had a great time at the muster
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

mikechell
    Algonzo, I was getting them to hit. eagerly, on a weightless soft plastic rigged Texas style. They are in shallow water, and very active. But today, Tuesday, I see it might have been because of the approaching cold front. I did put in again Monday evening, and caught 9 more nice chunks, one that was the largest of both days. The pads are spread out in clumps, but the hydrilla is everywhere. You can't get into a lot of what I was fishing with anything motorized, even a trolling mottor would be bogged down.

Mike

Mike

sounds like my kind of place, heavy weed cover. Those kinds of places are great training grounds for using soft plastics and jigs to get into the areas where the fish are hiding.

Weightless Texas Rigged Worm, great choice. Have you used any floating worms when bass fishing heavy cover, I have a ton of zoom floating 7" worms that are killer in that type of cover, if I need them to sink a little and it is too thick to use a bullet weight i will cut a little piece of a nail and put it into the head of the worm, it will give it just enough weight to break the cover and drop down, this is a great way to get those bass to take it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Mike

Did you ever use tube baits? I love to pitch them into that cover rigged weedless or with a football style jig head, it will break through the cover and settle on the bottom, then you can drag on the bottom or over structure to trigger bites.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    Way to go, Mike. Sheldon Reservior is the second best kept secret (next to Lake Houston), definitely the biggest black bass sleeper in our area.

How big were the good ones?
    Catfish...the other white meat.