Thread: Astros 2005 Season Predictions

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar

Astros 2005 Season Predictions

I know there are a few baseball fans on this site, as everyone knows I am an Astros fan. Anyone want to make a prediction on how they will do this year.

I predict another trip to the playoffs, they have a strong rotation with Clemens, Oswalt, Backe, Pettite, Redding may be the 5th, but the team looks strong and after Berkman gets healthy the offense should really click Everett will have a big year as well.

Anyone else care to comment on this.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar

Pettite

I would agree with all of your predictions except one. I think Pettite will go out with another injury. He has already missed a preseason game with a twisted ankle? I believe he will go out with more arm problems. I hope he does not let Houston down again.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

reedlv

that is true, I hope he can turn it around and show what he can do, he is a really good picture, but if he starts having recurring injuries it could be another disappointment.

I think Clemens will have another great year, not the same as last year though, I am predicting 15-17 wins.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Roy Oswalt should have anothe stellar year if he stays healthy and the Stros will have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, I also expect big things from Backe given the fact he will have a full year and post season success under his belt.
    -Mark Twain

Well last report I saw stated that Roger Clemens has a hamstring injury and is listed as day to day, this may be somehting minor or something major, because hamstring injuries can linger for a while.
    -Mark Twain