Thread: Wally World jugs?

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar

Wally World jugs?

Has anyone besides me seen these jugs yet? I wanted to take a pic to post here, but Wally World doesn't allow you to take pictures inside the store. At least not here they don't.

They're white and about 10-11" high and have a ***** cap and two handles cast in. They seem to be pretty heavy for their size and they sold for $3.48. I've never seen anything at Walmart for jugging before so this was sort of odd.

On the other hand they were clearing out the old Rapalas and Heddon torpedos so I cleaned up on 'em.

Steve

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    i never seen them, Steve but they could work , I'd like to try some.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Price is a little high, walmart usually sells limited jug supplies, my local store has a 3 pack for $10 or so, but they are ultralight looking and I would not trust them to hold a fish of any weight.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    You can achieve the same result with quart oil jugs. Before I learned about the flagging jugs, I used quart Castrol jugs for both floating and anchored jugs that I would be tending. I have made 20 flagging jugs but still have 25 Castrol juglines that I drop in areas that I will not be constantly tending. The work fine, store nicely, and are free. They just don't tell you when you have a fish. The local oil change facilities will save them for you. I prefer Castrol because they are white and also because the can has ridges front and rear that makes the string stay wrapped around the can. If I am fishing overnight for the big cats, I use gallon or better jugs.

Have seen those before, but I would make my own for a lower cost and you know the quality is there if you make it on your own.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Thanks Dan I did not know that about the castrol jugs i will check them out !!!

trombone13
    Thanks for the post Steve.....Those jugs, I've been looking for years . They are just right to hold my corn squeezins. Glad you ran across em.

LOL
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I've been watching the jug box at my local Wally World. They got a pretty slow start but folks seem to be buying them pretty regular now.
    I still prefer mine way more.

Corn squeezin's? Um, what's that?
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Steve

those jugs are not what I would use if you plan on catching anything of size, i agree with you on the quality of the jugs that are made yourself they hold up better and will hold bigger fish than those strike king jugs.
    -Mark Twain