...cause that's about all I did. I needed to get up early to pattern myself for day shift so what better thing to do at 5am than go fishing. I had some dead shrimp so that was good enough. Hit the seawall at 81st, then to the rock pier across from Landry's but not much. Couple small croakers, lots of wind and riptide. Tried to go somewhere around pelican island but it's mostly posted now, including under the bridge. Seems TA&M have an wetland there and signs that say no fishing. Tried my luck at FAt Boys pier just to kill a little more time, still the same, just a few small croakers. I felt as if I was being watched so while sitting on the dock I turned around there about 4' away was a white Egret. He was taller than I was so every now and then I'd toss him a shrimp. Then a Blue Heron came around when I tossed him a small croaker and played the dominant roll and took it from him. Kinda cool to watch them play it up so close.

That's it, little bird watching, great sunrise and a few small croakers, still a good morning.
8)