Thread: CHERYLS BACK

cherylrw

CHERYLS BACK

Hi everyone as you noticed I have been missing awhile..I went to Iowa was there 2 weeks and had to go in hospital and have surgery...I am in Texas now but going back saturday.I was asked about a contest and said I would get on it , well I did but havent been online since the surgery...

So this evening you will see all about the contest and winnings and such..

THE CONTEST IS GOING TO BE FOR THE BEST FISHING TALE..

I will be posting all the info later today ...
    The contest will start July 1 and end August 1..

Members get your stories ready....this should be a blast!!!!

And Im sorry I havent been but Im back now!!!

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    Welcome back, hope you get better, bring on the contest.

Welcome back, hope you get better, bring on the contest.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Welcome back Cheryl we missed you , dadagumit even got the wampus mudcat studdering :lol:

Hey Cheryl. Glad to see you back, hope all is well.
    Alan

cherylrw
    Hey thanks guys I have decided to move to Iowa and am back here but keeping the site...I brought my pc but left the **** cord in texas LOL so gotta go get one...Ill be back online soon

Fishingwa??

Iowa :shock: does that mean this site will now be known as Fishingwa?? :cry: :?:

re

nope no wa in it lol im back also have the cord and on the net also. it started fishing in tx and will always remain fishing in tx even though welive in iowa now. we all need a place without the bull of other places we can only say what they want us too if you know we we mean. me and cheryl both love tx and always will even though were in yankee land where i grew up lol. i fish here also but more for crappie and walleye and northern pike and on occassion catfish but the kitties dont compare to tx unless i go east to the border to the missippi river for big alsp or up here flatheads not many blues i nthe lakes here mostly channels and the rivers mainly channels with the rare huge alp if your lucky lol.we still want to hear about tx lakes and how yall are doing down there and will make the trip on occassion to tx to visit family and fishingtc friends. keep up the good work and keep the site alive even though we dont fish the tx waters anymore we want a place for the renagades to post without worry about being kicked out from their opinion they may have about a person and such. and jackie we saw ur post about ur sell ur crazy keep ur things get ur head back and get to fishing lol take care all and catch some for us
    mark

Site

Mark, we want to thank you and Cheryl both for this wonderful site where we can speak on whatever we want. When I first came here in march I was through with fishing websites and the hurt and pain that they bring. I for one hate trouble but it seems to follow me like a black cloud because i refuse to give God full control of my life, I am almost there but I still want the revenge that He says is His . Hopefully before I punch my ticket I will accept that He is in control and that what I try to do without Him just turns to into monkey Poop. This site gives us the freedom to air our frustrations as well as our dirty drawers or anybody elses for that matter, without the fear of being edited or deleted. I have met some real sweet folks on the fishing sites and then I have met satons brother and some 14kt a-- ho--s on them too. One in particular , I guess just one, maybe two.
    There are true fishing buddies then there are the ones that just want to be your buddies for what they can take from you and thats ok we give and we take, Some good examples are like, well Mudcat, Joatflash , Ricky, Tagg , our very own website news man that offers minute to minute coverage on all our outtings for some of the best coverage possible, my man Tagg, Boots now there is one young man that did not even know us, yet took up for us , that's a true real freind, when he sees you down and getting kicked in the gutt and says here, try some of that on me, LOve you, man, then Last but not least is You, Mark and Cheryl who came to our rescue and gave us a place of our own the originals Jackie , Obiewanna, bigarm ,where is Brett, Cobster my man Coby are all dear brothers to me . if I missed any of the originals, forgive me, as I am getting old and forgetful. We have come a long ways from the start gone throug alot of trials and tribulations and wil lprobably go through many more , bu twe'll make it. Every lake has their own little groups and here we have our very own Mudcat , catdaddy joe , Jugrnut, castnbait Tagg, can not forget old tagg and we hope to pick up a few more in September, like maybe catfishing fool, was going to email him but our post got deleted on whisker kitty, haha that was cool actually it was getting hot . The best of luck to you all in Iowa
    Mudkitty already has hog on layaway for that outting. Sept outtin gand i doing a real good job planning and organizing this one , go cat go!!
    Mark sent me some info on perch fishing when you have time on the perch post.
    The sometimes often Very Gentleben

re

u r very welcome we have come across the same problems that many of us face on the net and thats what made us to make this site. even though were in iowa now we will continue to keep this site going as long as their is a interest in it for people who want to visit it and chat on it.
    many of the lakes that yall fish on a regular basis i have never been to and wouldntknow where to start if i ever did but this is a tx fishing site not a site that caters to the lakes that only me and cheryl used to fish. have at it on any lakes you want to fish and talk about. doesnt matter on the lake you fish you can always use the same baits and tactics on your own home wanters to catch the fish, its all about learning and catching more weither you keep them or not. many people keep what they catch thats fine by me i hate cleaning them lol only when cheryl tells me to keep them do i other days i releae them im not a big fish eater but she is lol.i just enjoy catching them mainly. as far as perch fishing i never fished for them much myself unless i was catching them for alp or blue bait lol. my best luck in the summer has always been a worm and bobber with a small hook around and in the shaded areas of any lake. up north here the record is over 3lbs for the state record so the hybrid perch in tx has nothing over the native perch up here lol. on avgerage up here a kepper is 9+ inches to keep them and a lot of folks fish for them up here cause of their size. im always looking for catfish spots up here and they finally made it legal awhile back to use perch for bait now where before you had to use chubs or large minnows as we call them in tx for the alps or up here as faltheads. your jigs you use down there 1/100oz for perch is what they mainly use up here for crappie in the shallows.but im still a tx crappie fisherman using larger jigs for them even up here and still catch more then most and size also since up here no size limit or possesion limit but 35 crappie up here may feed three people lol. avg is 7-8 inch for a keeper too small for me after fishing tx for so long lol. well take care long getting long winded
    keep fishing and keep catching
    mark