Thread: This happened to Me and it could happen to you !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

This happened to Me and it could happen to you !!

Here about a couple weeks ago i decided to sell my ole work car and since it was ole and in bad order i put a price of $150.00 on the window . Well the very next evening a young neighbor man came over and he asked me If 150 was all i wanted for the car i said "yeap'
    He said, well does it run , i said, run? man that car has a good motor will get 33 1/3 miles to the gal and has been very faithful to me .He said well my father in law needs a car for work , i said ok well let me tell you the stop light switch is out the a/c don't work and it has radiator leak other than that ,it it is in immaculate condition.
    he asked if he could drive i used an ole t-bone saying and said yeah "drive it like you stole it "and gave him the keys .
    He came back about 20 minutes later and started counting out 150 dollars .
    The warden steps in and said don't take his money , she knew they were a young couple who had just had a baby and probably needed the money besides that on an ole occassion he had helped me with my 3 wheeeler.
    I said ok well let me sign the title over and gave it to him , he and i both were happy as hoggs in slop. he thanked me , i thin k and he left.
    I felt good about doing some thing good for him and his daddy in law, little did i know that this would come back to haunt me .
    What do you think happened next??

trombone13
    :idea: :P Thanks for the wonderful story, Ben. I didn't have a clue about the rest of the story until I read the note on the window :shock: We really appreciate your sharing this with us :P :P :P :P :P :P

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I was besides myself t-bone you give somebody a good running vehicle, they neglect it and burn the motor up and then they say well you gave me a peice of poop car that was no good anyway. or you woudn't have give it to me and so i'll just leave it where it dies and you deal with it. It's still in your name, anyway..
    He really didn't go into all the detail but thats' what I perceived.
    I had been working graveyards for the past 8 days and had to go get the dad gum car off the street and have it towed to it's final eternal resting place!! :cry: :x

trombone13
    :twisted: :cry: And that, folks!!!! is how to get" the rest of the story" 8) :P :lol: :lol: :lol: