Thread: Gun in Boat Issue

trombone13

Gun in Boat Issue

Sgt. Harding has responded to this issue in the Game Wardens forum.
    Everyone should read and understand the response he has written. We appreciate Sgt. Harding's quick response in addressing the question.
    Bob

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Thanks T-Bone
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    It cost s me $3.00 a round to shoot my 50 cal desert eagle so i can't even afford to practice much lest carry it.
    Remember when you do carry one that theer is a great responsibilty that goes with it and do not ever pull it lest you are ready to use it.

My motto always was; I'd rather have 12 try me than 6 carry me but knowing that makes it easier for me to walk away from crazy people and not engage in confrontations that could lead to something serious .
    As I get older and closer to my journey into eternity that some how does not matter at all..But preparing for the journey does!!
    Dirty Harry said "a man has to know his limitations "..
    Bill Jordon wrote , "there is no second place winner in a gunfight "
    The Duke said " the Lord giveth and i taketh away"
    Power is the size of the bore; some one else said .

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    I saw the same rounds in a Cabela's catalog. They were advertised for $1 per round. If I am not mistaked they were WOLF brand.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I used to own/run an indoor pistol range, and we rented out our .50 Cal Desert Eagle for $10 plus $1.50 a round. I would buy the ammo wholesale and got the .50 cal for $0.75 a round. Those were the good old days. Let's just say.... "I ain't shot since then."
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!

Ok so if i wanted to physically torment my ole carcass i could get them for $1.00?? A piece , not bad thanks , think l i'll stick to my .22 cal short .

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    What happen to the days when the bigger the caliber the better? Is this what I have to look forward to? LOL
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

Yeap Luke, when you get ole and feebly and your pilot light goes out everything gets smaller, i used to get pounded by a 12 guage shotgun now if i shoot one it's a 16 guage my deer rifle was a 30-026 wit h180 gr bullets now it's a 220-250 with 40 grain and my pistol is a 22 caliber sometimes a pellet pistol.
    John wayen once said power is the size of the bore but if you can 't hit with that 50 caliber better leave it at home, Kojak-o-lantern!!!bwahahhhhhhhhhhaa
    Wonder if them wolf brand 50 cals are the same poeple what makes wolf brand chili???

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Heads up on the Wolf brand ammo (Since you mentioned it):

I have literally burnt through THOUSANDS OF wolf brand cartridges, in just about every caliber they make. It is a VERRRRRRRY dirty ammo. The only reason I shot it was because it was cheap, and I knew that EVERY time a shot my handguns/rifles, I would clean the living poop out of them.

I have cleaned dozens of guns, and you should see the amount of black, nasty, tar like resin wolf will leave on your firearms. If you use Wolf, do yourself a favor and clean your firearms everytime.... which you should anyways....
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office!!!!