Thread: Wear those PFD's!

Steve

Wear those PFD's!

Yes, you can get knocked out of a boat and drown.... many folks have.

But you can also fall in while simply bank fishing too....

Water is not our friend. It's cold, heartless and very unforgiving when we don't take it seriously. Sadly, water usually wins when we test it and it can always be counted on to demand a very high price for our complacency.

Wear your PFD's please.

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pb...38/1006/MTCN02

Steve

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme HamourKiller's Avatar
    Very timely reminder Steve!

I have personally know two families that lost children at the bank. One at Rayburn, another at Banana Bend on the San Jacinto River. Do Not be one of these families! I have also lost a great friend out of a jon boat who "just went to check his lines" NONE had PFD's on.

Wear those PFD's!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Wink

When SgT Harding and Officer Iwasyk approached my boat on sat I was proud to see they were both wearing their PFDs being thrown out of a boat is not fun and can cost you your life so why chance it, wear those PFDS the life you save, could be your own.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Very good advise guys, fishing is not worth losing your life over.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I remember hearing of a guy, I think around HOuston, that drowned a week or so ago while loading his boat at the ramp. Serious stuff!
    watching the skies...

dpiper
    About two months ago a guy living on a house boat moored to the docks at Anchorage Marina fell off his boat and drowned.

Randy
    Has anyone seen the monument stone just outside the patio door at the Anchorage Marina?. His name was Sherman Garrett, (Fishing Guide Sherman Garrett.)
    He drowned just outside the breakwater back in the 80's.Unfortunately he was not wearing a PFD.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Check out Randy's avitar and he is a professinal diver, he still wears his PFD.. Sky diving is a little different from diving out of a boat.. Besides that them big ole fish he catches would take him a few feet under !!
    Is babyboat still crying in spanish?? :multi: :razz: