Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any guitar pickets amongst us??

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler eviesue'sdaddy's Avatar

Any guitar pickets amongst us??

Are there any members that are guitar players out there? If so, what guitars do you have and what type of music are you into?
    I have a Taylor ce-410 cutaway acoustic, fender American delux custom shop strat with dual Seymour Duncan double humbuckers .. Got a $25 yamaha classical acoustic that is my Willie Nelson special that probably has the best sound I have even heard in a classical. Running all that through a fender cybertwin combo amp that is a blast to tinker with.
    I would say that blues is what I play. Mostly srv type stuff.. How about you?

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I been know to do a little piuckin & grinning most ly grinni now back in de ole drinkin days is sued to be pretty good and teh more i dran de better i sounde , thne iqui tdrinkin and my music wen twith i t,I own a Peaky double 12 and a flat top acustic :secret: whe

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    I have a LesPaul Jr going through a Fender 212R AMP. Play mostly Gospel, C&W and some Blues.
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I pick, one up one time but they caught me going out the doe.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Justin_Smithey's Avatar
    i have played guitar for a couple of years now, played in a couple of bands and at the end of the day it is always a great escape. I have owned many guitars, schecter (my favorite), fender, ibanez, esp,ovation, and a few others. Mostly into alternative rock and lately i have really enjoyed playing my acoustic-electric epiphone through an orange amp. When im feeling really creative i'll pull out my seven string schecter omen and go at it!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme BrotherDoug's Avatar
    I have several guitars, my favorite is an old Mexican guitar. I have 2 yamahas, an epiphone, and a takamine... I play chords and never learned to pick...

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler eviesue'sdaddy's Avatar
    Good to hear. Justin, you had me impressed until you said that a schecter was your favorite!! Jk... My nephew loves that brand and I can't see why. For me, there are only two sides... Gibson guys and fender guys. part of my graduation gift for myself when my wife finally graduates with her doctorate is a proper 30-60 ft metal shop for my toys. My dream is to build a room into it and soundproof the snot out of it so that I can play all my toys whenever I want and however loud I want. Right now all my stuff is in our office. There are a few more instruments on tha graduation gift list, too. Fr those of you tha may be confused, yes, my wife is graduating.. But I have had to pay for it, so I figured I am entitled to some gifts.. God I hope she doesn't read this!!

Member Hooked on FishingTX kayakguy's Avatar
    I have a Takamine Garth Brooks Signature Series cuta away acoustic that I have had for about 12 years now. I haven't touched it much since I've been married but I used to spend a couple hours with her each night prior to that.

Member Hooked on FishingTX donv's Avatar
    I have a Taylor 314ce, a G&L telecaster, and a Fender telecaster. I play through a Mesa Boogie Lonestar. I have a country band called Misbehavin. I am the lead singer and lead player. I've been playing around the area for about 18 years now. I grew up playing metal and blues, and somehow switched over to country, lol. Country music was just more suited for my voice. I tried to sing rock, just couldn't do it. It's cool to know there are a lot of pickers on this sight.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    you go tan you tubes donv??
    Quote Originally Posted by donv View Post
    I have a Taylor 314ce, a G&L telecaster, and a Fender telecaster. I play through a Mesa Boogie Lonestar. I have a country band called Misbehavin. I am the lead singer and lead player. I've been playing around the area for about 18 years now. I grew up playing metal and blues, and somehow switched over to country, lol. Country music was just more suited for my voice. I tried to sing rock, just couldn't do it. It's cool to know there are a lot of pickers on this sight.