Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 35678910 LastLast

Thread: Keeping you up to date

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    How you doing RodSmith?
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Tuesday PM

Well, my jaw is a lot better and they have let me come home. They are still giving me some strong antibiotics that keep me a little dizzy. Of course, part of that may be caused by the pain pills. Hopefully this will not last very long.

Tomorrow, I get to visit a place that does hyperbaric treatments. I have no idea how long they will last, maybe I will find out then. They place you in a chamber for 2 hours and pump it full of oxygen. I will be inspecting how much padding is allowed because of the way my back feels. I still have not been able to spend a complete night in bed. About 2 or 3AM, I wake up and move to my recliner.

My back is killing me. I think they will operate on it as soon as they are finished with my jaw.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Flathead Fred's Avatar
    love ya Mr Rod, hope you get better soon.
    PM me and give me your address, I want to come and see you, since your right down the street.

Wednesday PM (Feb 6)

Just got back from the Memorial Hermann N/E Wound Center where they do the hyperbaric treatments.

It looks like I will be receiving these treatments for 20 straight weekdays from 10:15 a.m.to 12:15. Then tests will determine if I will do another 10.

Eventually, I hope my jaw will be well for them to fix my back.

Keep me in your thoughts.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Wish you the best. take care so you can get back to fishing

Senior Member Master in FishingTX KingTut's Avatar
    I hate to see you hurting my friend, but watching you is an inspiration! You have "true grit."
    "Old Guys Rule"

Monday 2-11

I just finished my 3rd day of getting hyperbaric chamber treatments. Here is a picture of the chamber that I get to lay in for 2 hours every weekday day until I have done 20. There is a bed frame type roller that you lay on that slides into the chmber.

Hopefully at that point enough good has been done so I can quit. My wife and I have been chained to this area for way too long. We need a little road to somewhere like Coshutta to get a little relaxation.

Attachment 34619

Royal Loyal Member FishingTX Angler Supreme TexasT's Avatar
    Mr Rod, be sure that you don't eat any BEANS before you get in the chamber! I guess that you would be the only one to know though.
    God Bless and I pray you get better real soon.
    Take it easy on me.......Im new to this stuff!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Is it cold or hot in there... is the telephone so they can talk to you. ?

Quote Originally Posted by GILBERT G View Post
    Is it cold or hot in there... is the telephone so they can talk to you. ?
    It is pretty cool until they let the pressure off so the oxygen can get out. That takes about 10 minutes. During that time it gets cold. They provide plenty of quilts to keep you warm. You use the same quilts all week. They are kept separated from all other patients quilts.

Yes, the phone is so they can talk to me.

The yellow tube is access to the outside. At the 1 hour mark, you have to breath outside air for 10 minutes.

You have to totally strip. no socks, no underwear, nothing. They provide certified cleaned cotton scrubs which are marked "Hyperbaric". They spend about 5 minutes spraying and wiping the gurney that you use to make sure that ther can be no contamination.

I will try to get someone to take a picture with my phone with me in the chamber.