Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Watch

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Hurricane Watch

Folks, due to the situation at hand, my good nature , fire fighting, rescue & medical skills I was asked to stay and guard our plant against looters, terrorists and the Rita..We are right up against the Houston ship channel.

It is not easy to be seperated from our families and loved ones at a time like this , our wives and loved ones have been evacuated to other safer areas of the state and my son and his faithful Akita dawg Bear are standing guard duty at my house ..

Please keep us in your prayers, as our brush with death draws near, should I not make it out of this situation please keep the boards alive and free of charge with all of the same rules and policies we have now .Randy, Piper, Steve, Jerrynta , Bigdave,Jonw, wayne saudnez, Hammer Killer,algonzo HPJ KittyFox,LarryG,and danTyler thank you all very much for all the time which you have taken from your families to maintain this boards

I want to thank everyone who has had a hand at building and supporting this Fishingtx websites and for tolerating me....
    Thank you and we'll see you again either on this boards or on the other side.
    Remember one thing , if am wrong in my belief, then what have I lost, but if you are wrong in yours,then what have you lost?? :multi: :multi:

Brett
    my prayers are with ya ben, and all those who are in tha path, according to the news report at 6:00am this mornin the eye is heading toward jefferson

Thank yo u Brett ,,catch a bigun!! there is a crew of 8 round the clock@!@

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Prayers to all, I am boarding up some houses for family members just in case, the winds are going to get high here, but not nearly as bad as first predicted.

Ben have faith and be safe, we will still hit Gibbon's sooner or later.

Take care everyone
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

steve_a
    i'm holding down the fort at the buildings i manage in ne houston.

grr.

Isn't the first, won't be the last.

keep your head down, and stay safe.

holler at yall once the @#$%$# leaves town.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme HamourKiller's Avatar
    I took Emergenct Family Leave so I get two more relaxing weeks here in USA

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    Ben,my prayers have already been sent for you and all who must put themselves in danger to protect others during this time.When I was younger and in better shape I had to the same thing so I know what a sacrafice these people and their families make.I'm looking forward to finally geting to meet you at the lake Conroe muster,not on the other side.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    May God's protection be with all of you in harm's way. I expect to hear from you each again after power is retored.

Faith ,I gots the faith,but that don't stop Rita !!
    All Kidding aside security just called for all vehicles to be moved out of the parking lot and onto higher ground..We are about 150 yds from the Houston ship channel so we'll feel the surge . I got some PFDs for the guys ...

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    I just spoke to Ben and he is OK. We made it through here at work (Missouri City) with very little damage, and I've received word that my house survived with minor damage and some trees down.

Ben also talked to T-bone a little while ago and he was OK, but currently getting hammered. I'll call him in a few minutes and check on him.