Thread: Texas A&M fire school

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Texas A&M fire school

I just spent 3 days at College Station the following are some pictures i took while moving thru the projects ..bear in mind this guys are all volunteers from the 4 companies within our facility who volunteer as firemen , medic and rescue people.

Top picture is where one of the boys lost his hat as they went up to make valve closure, we train so those things happen while we are trainingg and not during the real thing, the fire are hot nfire: and the scene is real , man has control of the fuel unlike a real fire where it is out of control; our job is to get it under control and isolate it.without anyone getting hurt.
    Second picture is wher the man lost his hat, the same fire as pic 1, the 3 rd the burn was aborted due to the fire getting out of control, the ops chief called it off, so no one would get burned .
    The fourth shot is one of a TEEX employee what controls the fuel to the fires,and tries to keep us from frying, her name is Andrea.

Some of the guys from our response team;
    top photo is Paramedic/fire fighter ,John "DOC" Herman
    2nd shot is E&I supervisor/ERT member Mike Powell
    3rd shot is my freind and side kick James Ellett.
    4th shot is Jerry Duvall and his niece ?? 8) that's what he said, so we got to beleive it.
    Last shot is a rare one i caught about 5 members of the Albermarle ER team together . normally we train with folks from other companies. Left to right,are Mike, Jerry , James , Toby and Truman

This young man Kenneth from Cleanharbours on battleground rd ERT caught my eye he was part of our safety officer team , my wingman and he rode a motorcycle.
    Nice rig!!!!
    Ken carried evrything you wanna need in that trailer, neat setup and he said he could go 110 mph , he doesn't but he could if he needed to.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice Pics Ben

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you on this trip, we will get together sooner or later and get some fishing in, I still have an ultralight reel waiting for you as well.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

No worries dwaynez it was my fault should have given you more notice ..did pic up a ultralight for 10 bucks out the door though thanks
    One on the right is a garcia Mitchell 308, french made ultralight the one on the right is Mitchell 300, the cap is a Dave Taylor special. soon to be on the market.we are in price negotation right now .Thanks Dave :BIG:

here are some more pics of fire school!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice looking hat

I do still have an ultralight in the package waiting for you, I will try and get it to you sooner or later.

I love the mitchell reels, I have the original 300's as well as the new anniversary edition mitchell 300.

I also have some spidercast reels which are made by mitchell, both ultralight and regular.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Just my luck the 308 was broke did not notice til i got to playing with it!!