Thread: No More shout box.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

No More shout box.

Enjoy the board because there will no longer be a shoutbox.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX luckydog's Avatar
    I for one will miss the box. Vetto's good morning at mid night, a quick update on who is doing what, and a call to Prayer when needed. It looks like I will head out to What-a-Burger for meet up with my Christian brothers for prayer, and a senors coffee.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Im going to the Taco stand...lol
    God Be With You

Bass Master Runner Up Master in FishingTX danieltx11's Avatar
    Bring enuff for every one gill

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Oh well I'll be the first to say it, the shout box was used by many as a way of quick posting and a not a very good one at that. People dislike and resist change of any kind. Some will leave or threaten to leave over some simple change.
    FishingTX needs substance and post for people to come on read and make comments on. Nothing has changed and it is the same ole site it always has been. The difference is now it may require looking at some different sections to see what is going on. The site is only as good as the members make it. Ben Luna is the owner of the site and he felt it necessary to remove the shout box and it is gone. I also feel he talked it over with some close associates and felt it in the best interest of the board.
    So now instead of moaning about it go pick out a section you have an interest in, start some banner and ask friends to check out the section you have chosen, make it your selected section. You may be able to get it subtitled as your section.
    A fishing forum is only as good as it's members, be a productive member of fishingTX. Give back because some people don't know as much about your chosen hobby as you, share the wealth.
    If you disagree with any, some, or all of this voice your opinion. It will not hurt my feelings.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Hooked on FishingTX
    I know I'm newish here - I was starting to get active then had to deal with life for a while and I'm hoping to be more active now as I get more time to get on the water. My 2 cents - I don't think it's a bad thing that the shoutbox went away. However, I have been trying to find the equivalent to the general discussions section where anything goes (within reason). It seems to me that maybe that's the Open Topic sub. A suggestion that I would have is that maybe that sub should be moved up closer to the top to encourage it's use more in place of the shoutbox as a central place to keep in touch with everyone. Then use the other subs to discuss relevant sub topics like specific lakes and such. So instead of the main section being called Announcements, it could be General Forums or General Topics and include the announcements along with the Open Topics sub, etc. That way, it makes it easy to find the more active subs without having to scroll too far. Currently, I just rely on What's New and I like that for being able to find active topics each day. Maybe even give Vetto his own sub for his midnight goodmornings... :-)

Anyway, this is in no way intended to offend anyone or critique the site. Just offering my 2 cents. Take it or leave it - I'll keep coming back either way. Also, thanks for making such a nice place to come and feel welcome. Of all of the random internet forums out there, this one has made me feel right at home from the very beginning - especially knowing that many of you are in the same area as me and fish the same spots. It's a very unique place and I like it.

Ok, that's all from me.