Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know anything about the fishing at Bolive Peninsula

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

Does anyone know anything about the fishing at Bolive Peninsula

I've had a friend invite me to go down and fish. I don't have a clue being as I have never been there and only to Sabine a bunch, Rockport a few times and Port O once.
    I've read it is supost to be good for reds, flounder, trout, and etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this.
    Is this a fairly good spot? He has a bay boat and has been there before, but I hate to waste a salty trip if a better spot is anywhere close to this. My target is Bull Reds & Jacks.
    thanks
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Hooked on FishingTX
    I went once with my buddies who have a house there. We used dead shrimp mostly in the marsh/Bay Area and caught a little bit of everything. Also we fished the jetty on the bolivar side by the ferry launch. Didn't have any luck there. It was several years back but it was fun and seemed like there was a lot of potential. Others may have better info.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    jacks are iffy , but , reds should be around . most fish there are specks , flounder , and such . jettys , hannahs reef , lots of marsh drains in the intracoastal , and the jettys . also rollover pass are nearby .
    cant help someone see the light if you cover them with hate

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Thanks.
    I love fishing and the salt is sure great for a change of pace. We are going next week and stay few days. Not and easy task being a six hour drive and towing a boat get expensive, along with lodging, food, and etc. Oh well you only live once so I try to live every day like it is my last-one of these days I will be right.
    Are you living every day to it's fullest? Didn't think so!
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Fullest or Foolest !!!!bwahahaha
    God Be With You

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Jackie, that is where the property I bought is at.
    I wish I had enough experience out there to give you some advice that I would be confident in.
    I will be happy to share a few things I think I know about it though.
    I am not an experienced redfish fisherman but I am trying to learn. My understanding is that generally in the month of October the redfish, bulls included are easily found on the beachfront (was not the case for me this weekend at surfside) cruising the first 3 guts.
    Now the times that I have waded beachfront in that area I have noticed that the guts are not as well defined. This is the main reason I drive to surfside to trout fish.
    That area is highly regarded as great trout, redfish and flounder fishing though. I have pulled some nice flounder from the pass (rollover pass) but I don't believe they start leaving the bay in any real big numbers for almost a month now.
    You can always look at "Miss Nancy's baitcamp" facebook page to see updates about what people are catching as well. You do not have to be a member of facebook to view the page. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/Miss-Nancys...0715/timeline/
    The one thing I can tell you for sure is the little screened in joint on the east side of rollover pass called "fantaseas" bar and grill makes the best burger I've ever had. It's called the galley burger and it borders upon ridiculous. I'm talking double meat, veggies, cheese and fried cheese sticks. Its good. Give it a shot if your down there for a while.
    Good luck and let us know. I may be asking advice from you about it soon.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Thanks and I will be checking the facebook page. I will also give a full report when I return and most likely a daily update while there if the place we stay has wifi.
    Feeling like we will fish the jetties and hope the bulls are running.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    jackie - you sure right about that living life thing ! i always tell people that smart a.. me about fishing and travelling , "not waiting till i retire , tomorow aint guaranteed " . if you love it , you will find a way
    cant help someone see the light if you cover them with hate

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Let me know when you down here Jackie. Maybe we can hook up and have lunch or dinner one evening.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler kickingback's Avatar
    Reds are in full swing on Bolivar. I have a friend with a nice cabin on a secluded fishing pond with crab traps thrown in! It is a one room house on stilts with one bathroom. It is right on a private pond that used to be fresh water until Ike. It now is stocked with reds and trout and crabs according to the owner. I caught crabs from the ten traps he provides and baits before you get there. It is about 5 minutes from Rollover and halfway down the peninsula from the ferry. He can give you some tips on where to fish from shore or boat! helped me out for sure. Found some good spots. ( 29°27'39.38"N / 94°38'1.86"W) If you want the info just pm me.
    Since you will have a boat then the jetties will be great for you. You might want to try the bay side as well. You can launch at Seivers or Yates cove and head to Pepper Grove cove or Stingaree cove and fish the tide going out.
    Good luck!
    USAF Retired and fishing!