Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cheeseburger and the boat ramp

Senior Member Master in FishingTX luckydog's Avatar

The cheeseburger and the boat ramp

Yesterday morning just before dawn, I was putting my juglines in fire arms boat. As a habit we store the lines coolers, R &Reels and lots of other things. I saw this guy roaring by us and told jim this guy is going to pull up and block the ramp. I bet him a cheeseburger he would. Sure enough, they started unpacking the whole bed of the truck. By this time we were ready to launch. So I walked up all friendly like, said good morning. I told them thanks for the cheese burger. They had wondered why I told them that. I told them they should have their boat ready before pulling into the ramp. I said no hard feelings, but thanks again for the cheeseburger. On a good note Whataburger was delicious.

mikechell
    Yep ... we live in a new world. One were consideration for others is a lost trait. It's the "Me Me Me" era. I won'[t call it the "Me Me Me generation" because there doesn't seem to be an age relation any more. Nearly everyone has eradicated the "neighborly" feeling from their emotional make-up.

Administrator Hooked on FishingTX
    This is awesome!

It's like the other day when a dude flew past me at full throttle under the bridge (no wake zone) as I was idling through. As I got back to the dock, I got there in time to witness him pull his boat out, with the motor down and not hooked to the trailer. The boat was drug off the trailer and landed right on the cement with a thud. They then spent the next hour blocking the ramp trying to get him reloaded. Even after they got him on the trailer, instead of moving out and letting others launch and load, he proceeded to back it down so he could reset it on the trailer, while still blocking both slots on the ramp. I just stood and watched. No sympathy for idiots!

Attachment 38742

Attachment 38743

Attachment 38744

Attachment 38745

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    It is always funny when It happens to the other guy
    At m yole ripe age I kindah let idiots be tehmselfs as God knows I aint perfect>

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Ooohhh yeah I bet that slowed him right down a bit...but I doubt he learned anything from that experience.....

LD I'm willing ta bet that guy is still scratching his head wondering what you were talkn bout....

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    long as i been going to that ramp , i have never noticed that jetski on top of that sign
    cant help someone see the light if you cover them with hate

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    That jet ski has been there for a long time...I've seen some crazy funny things at that boat ramp
    God Be With You

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Whataburger is the bright side of the story. Hehe
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    It's hard to fix STUPID. L O L
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    I would have bet a Taco

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    God Be With You