Thread: Hitch Hiker

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Hitch Hiker

I went to Crosby this morning and on my way back was this hitch hiker, yes I pcked him up , it was very cold. He was wearin an army coat and a black sock cap and blue jeans .when he got in the car I noticed an indention in his forhead.
    Big grin on his cold red face. I asked where ya goin ?? He said "next big town", i said "dang, that's a long way"!
    I ASKED IF HE WAS VET HE SAID YES THAT'S HOW i GOT THIS HOLE IN MY FOREHEAD ,i WAS SHOT IN vIET nAM. i THOUGHT "oH **** !!"

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Gotta be careful picking up hitch hikers ben
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Smedley
    I'm confused...is there more to this story?

Oh yeah, I am sorry , so as we get to Huffman,I said "ok, I am almost at my home so I'll let you off here" , he said "yes, I need to get something to eat".I said "well, do you have some money?" he said "I have this" and padded an envelope on his sleeping bag with his hand, so I asked "is it food stamps or what?" he said "no, it is a sign that says "I AM HUNGRY'
    So i said "we'll ok, if I give you some money, will you not mug me?? Cause if you do, I'll have to shoot you!! , he said "no, it's too cold to mugg anyone". I said," good, cause it is to cold to shoot anyone".

don anger
    hi folks,i think i am going to like this forum just reading gentlebens stories! thanks.

Steve
    Don, We're assuming you'll wear hip waders before attempting to read very many of Ben's stories in the future. You do have some right?

<snicker, :lol: >

Although it's pretty dangerous to pick up folks now days, there's still some decent out there that just need a helping hand and wouldn't hurt a fly. I think ya done good Ben.

Steve (who honors our veterans)

The least I could do was to help a brother American vet.
    Not very many places to eat in Huffman but when I told him there was a Dairy Queen he said , "Oh boy, they got some good ice cream, take me there" i gave him enough to have a good meal and let him out at Dairy Queen.
    He may be traveling north so if you see an eldery man in an army coat,sleeping bag under his arm with an indention in the middle of his forehead and a black sock hat that is my ole army buddy..Ask him about our "you don't mugg me, I won't shoot you deal", best deal I ever made!!:silly:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    I witnessed Ben threaten somebody one time for taking up two parking places at the Chevron in Huffman. I got back in my truck and hoped nobody would end up shot.

Ben got in my truck a few minutes later. "What did they say when you told them they better move?"

Ben: "He said he wanted to use my cell phone!" :mrgreen:

Jonw !! Hope you recant your story but that's ok. I have low tolerance for folks who take more than what hey need regardless"
    On a more ferindly note , you all seen the BigBubba video ? the guy with thebig 1 ton truck , well imagine JonW in his bigred dully barreling down the road, ug hhumm.. i know know why little people drive big trucks , !!
    of course i was laughin when i made the deal with this guy......
    I do not encourage picking up strangers; many people have died trying to help someone , I normally do not pick up a stranger unless she is a 10+ or an army bvet ..

Poor guy, I thought I picked up a wacko when he started showing me all his battle scars but he was probably thinking the same thing,, lived thru Viet Nam to be shot over a sleeping bag by this big ole fat wacko. no not wappie wacko either!! we had a good laugh over the deal and he is probably stil lwalkin!!