Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need your help with fishfinders, guys!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    Only 30 years Captn Jackie. Thought it wuz moe like 40 year?
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Over 60+ fishing but I've only had a sonar for 30 of those. Many of those years I had an Ocean City thumb buster and my tackle box was a folded card of H&H spinners @.19 cents each. I've had a X 15 MT Lowrance for over 20 years, well 3 units really, one was stolen at Conroe in '03, the next was replaced by Lowrance in '08 and it is still on my boat and working great. Just old black&white technology and the GPS is slow as maple syrup but still works daily. I have over 500 waypoints marked on the unit. I also have another X15 MT in the closet for a backup.
    Dang I'm getting OLD.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    Jackie, at our age it is really good to have a backup. I bet even Lou has a back up plan too.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I have 2 of everything except a bank account.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    I've had Lowrance and they are some of the best but I will never buy another one just to expensive and not good at customer service. Humminbird make a great user friendly one but my next one will be a Garmin. The reason is my friend has one and it works great, a little harder to learn than the Humminbird but he feels it is better and reasonable priced.
    I will be selling a Humminbird 1199 in the next few weeks.
    I'm far from an expert on this matter and just base it on my limited first hand experience of nearly 30 years.
    Your limited first hand experience in fishing is 20 normal folks lifetime knowledge of fishing.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508