Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX

Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE....

....with my degree that is. Finished my last final tonight for an average in Trig/Geometry of 93 to complete my AAS in Instrumentation TEchnology from Lee College in Baytown. My GPA should be very close to 4, I'll find out when it's posted.
    It's been a struggle still working full time, rasing kids and a wife but it's over and now I hope to celebrate with a nice cooler of fish in the am. Praying helped me get thru class, maybe he'll see me right for some fish too. lol
    watching the skies...

Catfish Jac
    Congrats! I have a hard enough time just putting the trash out twice a week with job and family.

JAC

saundecw
    Congratulations, OUTLAW!! Hope you get a cooler of fish too.

Steve
    Congrats Outlaw! I really look up to folks that can do advanced math. It's not easy so what you've done is quite an accomplishment!

Steve

dpiper
    Congrats Outlaw. That's a great accomplishment. College, work, family. When I went to college I was lucky enough not to have to work.

Here is a funny instrumentation story that happened at my work several years ago.

A mechanical engineer recieved a drawing package from a vendor for some sort of skid package. The ME reviewed the drawings with respect to the pump, piping, motor, gears sizes ect. And when finshed he returned the drawing to the vendor to make correction. The lead instrument engineer found out that the ME sent th drawings back without getting intrumentation's input.

When confronted about it all the mechanical enginner would say was "Trinkets just trinkets". And walked off.

Steve

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme HamourKiller's Avatar
    Congrats! That is something to be proud of.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Me too steve. Must need to be an engineer to understand that one.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Congrats Outlaw

work, family, school are not an easy combination.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Smedley
    Outlaw...I understand what you've been through. I'm now in my 3d year of my Associates degree I changed degree plans more than 1/2 way thru the first one. I was working full time but now am a stay home dad and get to take most of my classes online. I may start working again soon as I just got an offer to be a lab instructor at Central Texas College culinary arts department. Hope it works out.

congrats, man. I know you worked hard...smedley