Thread: Holiday Marine Huffman

Member Hooked on FishingTX

Holiday Marine Huffman

Anyone recommend him, I need carbs rebuilt on a 1990 Johnson, leaking/dripping fuel out of the carbs. I feel like I could change gaskets, but the link & sync and fine tuning I am thinking would not be something I can make happen. Want to just have someone do it and pay them so its right.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    I've never used them but have heard of others that have....

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    I don't know anything about Holiday Marine. Another option: Steve Wright at Bowden Marine did a good job rebuilting the leaking carburators on my 1990 200 HP Evinrude.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...es+%26+service

Senior Member Master in FishingTX JonW's Avatar
    I've bought parts from him before. I know people who have used him and have been pleased. I think his turnaround time is better than others.
    Catfish...the other white meat.

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Bowden had a boat of mine years ago...for 3 months and it still was not right. I just want to find a good tech for this old motor. I had a guy and he passed away.

mikechell
    Leaking carbs is not a gasket problem. Dirty or fouled needle and seat ... the "shut off" system that prevent over filling ... is. A full dis-assembly and <preferably> an ultrasonic cleaning is needed.
    Call local shops and ask if they have an ultrasonic cleaner for carbs. If they say, "Yes," take it to them.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    Leaking carbs is not a gasket problem. Dirty or fouled needle and seat ... the "shut off" system that prevent over filling ... is. A full dis-assembly and <preferably> an ultrasonic cleaning is needed.
    Call local shops and ask if they have an ultrasonic cleaner for carbs. If they say, "Yes," take it to them.

^^^ great info mikechell. Thanks. ^^^
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    Welcome.