Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Gaul Bladder now

The Pit Master Moderator Master in FishingTX Bigl's Avatar

No Gaul Bladder now

They took it out around 2:00 pm yesterday. Doc said it should take 45 minutes but took 3 hrs. 3 stones in the tube and one in the Gaul bladder. Three morphemes and all is well. Hope I will not need any more pain killers. It was out patient but they made me stay the night. Hope after I see the doc he will let me go home.

Low and Slow BBQ Team

Senior Member Master in FishingTX luckydog's Avatar
    From what I hear, those stones feel like boulders. Prayers to you Big L, get well soon.

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler ChaWhitney's Avatar
    I had mine removed last year. It was 6 weeks after my 20 year old (at that time) son had his removed.
    Good judgement is a result of experience. Experience is often the result of bad judgement.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    Mr. Larry - glad you got rid of that ole Gall Bladder and hopefully you will be pain free going forward.

Relax and have a good fourth of July
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

mikechell
    Good luck with recovery and a pain free future.
    I've never suffered the stones, myself (knocking on wood). But brother-n-law did, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Another reason I never had kids ... I didn't want Wife to carry and deliver ... I imagine the pain is similar.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Wow. Prayers going up for you Larry. If you need anything let us know.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Home now and if I am sitting all is good but getting up and walking sucks. The doc wanted me to stay a second night but I was off the painkillers so I talked him into letting me go home. Bad part he wants to go back in Thursday to see if anything is leaking. Sounds like he is just pumping the ins. My daughter has my billfold from yesterday and she had a procedure this morning but as soon as I get my ins card I will call them and see if this sounds normal. Here is hopping I can just sit in this old recliner for a while.
    They told me I still have a kidney stone.

Low and Slow BBQ Team

I called the ins people and they said do what the surgon suggests. So if the hospital calls this evening I willgoback in. The next day they are to take the drain tube out.
    Good part I have not had any sign of Acid Reflux. I have fought it for years.

Low and Slow BBQ Team

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    This is exactly why you have insurance. An extra day in hospital via Dr's advice is probably good advice. I'm sure dr was thinking ahead and knew you would have to be right back its just easier for both of you. They can continue to monitor you and more convenient for you to be there. Traveling back and forth in pain is a pain sometimes. Hehe.

Thanks for update Larry. Get to feeling better buddy. Awesome your not fighting acid reflux. Prayers up for complete recovery and with the kidney stones.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    Glad to hear that you went home and relatively pain free. It's always good to know that the bills will be covered by the insurance company. That alone would make me fell better. Hope you have not had any further problems and I bet -----
    "you don't have the gall to do that again". Prayers sent your way. Recovering in your recliner doesn't sound to tough.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****