Thread: Best season for fishing?

Best season for fishing?

what would be best season for fishing? summers of winters? i am planing to host an event to and that's why i need all the necessary information about this.

mikechell
    Where?
    If it snows and freezes over in the winter, then Summer is the best time to go fishing.
    But Spring's rush to spawn is when you'll catch the heaviest fish, females full of eggs. You'll also have plenty of hungry fish after the low food availability of Winter.
    Fall is when the fish are stocking up for Winter. Fattening up before cold weather sets in. So, the fishing is phenomenal that time of year.

On the other hand, if you're in the South, where it's in the triple digits for most of the Summer, then Winter might be a better time to go fishing.
    There is no Fall rush to fatten up, but there is still the Spring rush to spawn.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    Where?
    If it snows and freezes over in the winter, then Summer is the best time to go fishing.
    But Spring's rush to spawn is when you'll catch the heaviest fish, females full of eggs. You'll also have plenty of hungry fish after the low food availability of Winter.
    Fall is when the fish are stocking up for Winter. Fattening up before cold weather sets in. So, the fishing is phenomenal that time of year.

On the other hand, if you're in the South, where it's in the triple digits for most of the Summer, then Winter might be a better time to go fishing.
    There is no Fall rush to fatten up, but there is still the Spring rush to spawn.
    Jason, what kind of fishing do you do? Fresh - Salt? What Lakes?
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    The Baytown Sun just ran an article saying the next 60 days will be the best time of the year, in the Galveston Bay areas. Most of us are seasoned and don't want to fish in really hot weather so my guess would be spring or fall for the lakes.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    A guy I know, who will remain nameless, has said
    "When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!"
    I have reserve confidence in some of his cough syrup ramblings but believe him to be right on this occasion. If not I'll drink to it and go fishing anyhow.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    Boy this cough is getting better every day. L O L
    Time to go fishing!
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    As others have said what area you plan on fishing? Fresh water or saltwater?
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    A guy I know, who will remain nameless, has said
    "When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!"
    I have reserve confidence in some of his cough syrup ramblings but believe him to be right on this occasion. If not I'll drink to it and go fishing anyhow.
    Cough syrup eerrrr not I'ma be feeshn evar chance I get, there is a year round season four'em......LOL