Thread: 5 Days Off 1/2 Day Fishing

Junior Member Hooked on FishingTX

5 Days Off 1/2 Day Fishing

Have a pretty good story of a boat owners experiences. Have to start by saying my wife had gall bladder removed last Thursday so a couple of those 5 days were excused lol. Did spend a little time tying jigs but not many. that's another story. Ordered materials from 3 different places and still waiting packages to arrive. Anyway, I've been playing with transducer placement for a few days now, and finally moved it to a different location and now the game starts over. Worked on moving that Sunday and just doing some general clean up on the boat for the Monday trip to the Lake. Went to hook the boat up to my truck and the lock was gone. Usually don't misplace it but who in the world knows what I did with it. No problem I will stop a Walmart on my way and get another. So while putting in the plug, which I do before I leave the house, I notice one of the transom tie downs is broke. Ok I'll go ahead and go to Walmart instead of going to bed early, so I did. Got back and it's getting close to 10 pm and I still have to load up, get snacks ready, and fill the thermos's with coffee and take a shower. 11 pm finally hit the sack, alarm set for 4 am. Train comes by at 3:15 so I might as well get up. Hit the road on time and the excitement level is pretty high. This is an R&D trip as well as I'm trying some new compound colors to add to my box. When I get road I feel a little vibration and think to myself I'm going to have to stop pulling the boat with my Tacoma that has the 4 cyl. and didn't think any thing else about it. It's about 1 1/2 hours to Proctor Lake from my house and I was a little ahead of schedule so I'm thinking call Dad and tell him I'll be there early so we'll have a cup of coffee while waiting for them to unlock the gate. I notice that vibration is getting a little worse and I'm thinking I better check the wheel bearings when I get there. I'm about 10 miles from the boat ramp and about 4 miles outside of Comanche, Tx. when the tread comes off both tires on the trailer at the same time. I thought I had a blow out but discovered 2 tire covered in wire instead. So 6:45 am Monday morning I'm turning around Praying for the Lord to help me make it back to town so I can at least park the boat and find some tires. Made it back to town on wire tires, ain't God good, and started the frantic search for tires. So 1 2 1/2 ton jack,2 jack stands, and three tires later, we are on the way to the lake at 10:30 am. Happy to say the new colors produced 4 Crappie over 12 inches and over 30 8 to 9 inch fishes. Had to return to work today and have to say I'm really blessed with the job I have. My wife and I work together and today was her Birthday so the day was short. We are now at the house with 2 of the grand kids spending some b-day time with granny, and the bed is screaming at me. I really am getting to old for this much excitement. LOL

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Lol. That's how some trips go. At least you made it out and caught some fish. Oh, and the boat should be good for the next trip lol.
    I'm envious. I haven't fished in over a month.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    Thanks for the report and write up, sorry it was not one of those great days but at least you did get out and enjoyed some time with your dad, tried out some new jig colors and caught a few fish.

Dan, Are you sick or ill? cannot believe you have not been on the water. You are indeed in need of a day out.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Dang I had to look at the OP again, thought I was reading on of Dutch reports....Hehehehahahahaaaaaa For sure sounds like the kind of luck he's had in the past....
    Well at least you've got new rubber on both sides of the boat now, no-one was harmed (except maybe your pride) & you still got to feesh for a bit.....
    How bout posting some pics of your hand ties, there's a few tiers here including myself....

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Thanks for report.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Dang I had to look at the OP again, thought I was reading on of Dutch reports....Hehehehahahahaaaaaa For sure sounds like the kind of luck he's had in the past....
    Well at least you've got new rubber on both sides of the boat now, no-one was harmed (except maybe your pride) & you still got to feesh for a bit.....
    How bout posting some pics of your hand ties, there's a few tiers here including myself....
    Ha ha! That did read like a Dutch report, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Thanks for the report and write up, sorry it was not one of those great days but at least you did get out and enjoyed some time with your dad, tried out some new jig colors and caught a few fish.

Dan, Are you sick or ill? cannot believe you have not been on the water. You are indeed in need of a day out.
    Nah, just been super busy Snap. We had our annual trip to Cozumel a few weeks ago. That ate up 2 weekends and been catching up on the housework ever since.
    Looking to try to get out soon tho.