Thread: Fishing a la Mike Chell

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Another goodern....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

mikechell
    Thank you, thank you kindly !!

mikechell
    Another day, different stretch of the creek. Not one bass in the area, that I could find. Caught a bunch of little sunfish ... just a couple of pictures of those.
    Then I kept getting Rio Grande Cichlids. Guess it's just their 'hood !!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Plenty of those Cichlid fish in that area.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    All day. SK and I spent ALL day out there. Since this is from my head mounted camera, I don't have all of SK's fish. He did end the day with 8 or so in the live-well. I put two of them in there.
    Each of my GoPro batteries last about 3 hours ... drained all three of them.
    Of course, the two 10 pound bass, SK's three 4 pound Crappie and the alien abduction of another boater on the water all happened after the last battery died.

So here's a few minutes of the action we saw today.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Thank you

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Next trip we'll both have fly rods & jigging rods.... although the fish didn't cooperate as expected it was a fun trip....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

mikechell
    "Full Moon. The past week, and the videos, are the epitome of my theory of "lunar cycles". Monday (Texas 2017 001) was fantastic. Lots of hits, and good quality fish. The Moon was waxing gibbous, though.
    Now we're just past full Moon. The fish can see to feed at night, and they don't need to during the day. Today's video is the shortest, with the least amount of fish. Proof, in my mind.
    Next weekend will be fantastic again !!!"
    <Excerpted, so you don't need to read the video info>

Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    All day. SK and I spent ALL day out there. Since this is from my head mounted camera, I don't have all of SK's fish. He did end the day with 8 or so in the live-well. I put two of them in there.
    Each of my GoPro batteries last about 3 hours ... drained all three of them.
    Of course, the two 10 pound bass, SK's three 4 pound Crappie and the alien abduction of another boater on the water all happened after the last battery died.

So here's a few minutes of the action we saw today.

Great video. Looks like you guys had a blast. Not saying I don’t believe you , but story sounds kinda feeshy. Hehe
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    "Full Moon. The past week, and the videos, are the epitome of my theory of "lunar cycles". Monday (Texas 2017 001) was fantastic. Lots of hits, and good quality fish. The Moon was waxing gibbous, though.
    Now we're just past full Moon. The fish can see to feed at night, and they don't need to during the day. Today's video is the shortest, with the least amount of fish. Proof, in my mind.
    Next weekend will be fantastic again !!!"
    <Excerpted, so you don't need to read the video info>

Pretty cool to see the crappie in there. Caught them there before just not e regular fish to catch there