Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12171920212223 LastLast

Thread: Fishing a la Mike Chell

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    You fell?? Hope you are OK.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Nice going.

That lil place is loaded with fishys. Crazy to know that area once or more times a year this area gets flooded. All those fish look very healthy.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    Yeah, Mike ... other than my pride, no injuries. Slipped going down hill, landed going down hill, so not an "abrupt" stop. And it was mud and sand, so not like landing on concrete or ice. I'm fine.

Thank you for asking.

Vett,
    I was talking to a guy today ... on the video I'll be posting, he says the flood reached the top of the ravine. It has ALWAYS amazed me how that kind of depth change and the resulting run off doesn't wash all the fish out of places like this. Those fish are amazingly healthy, and strong.

mikechell
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleben View Post
    Your last thread got closed becasue after a couple pages most people (me included ) do not wast e time going thru the same thread . this one will close soon
    I kind of understand ... but if you click on the little arrow, it takes you to the last post in the thread.
    Anyway, I figured one thread for my contributions, rather than a new one each time I post.

I'll start a new one if you want to close this one any time soon.

mikechell
    A week after the full moon ... and the fishing is fantastic again! Had to break my video in two ...

Part 1

mikechell
    Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    A week after the full moon ... and the fishing is fantastic again! Had to break my video in two ...

Part 1

Bass at 2:50 part was a fighter.

Trains don’t phase them.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    Part 2

Colors on those sunfish and bass are awesome. Those bass were smacking those flys. Cichlids were thick and not giving up easily.

Thanks for videos.

mikechell
    Trains, airplanes passing directly overhead, my shadow on the water ... most of the times, those fish hit no matter what. BUT, if they actually see ME, then they scatter. They'll still hit a few seconds later, but they do run from someone walking next to them.

Prettiest fish I've ever seen. No where else, even here in Texas, have I seen colors like these fish have.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    If'n I every quit fishn fer crappie fly fishn would be what I'd be doin... the challenge of casting a fly is next to the challenge of catchn crappie.... defiantly an art to it.... NICE catchn Mike....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....