Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing a la Mike Chell

mikechell
    That one is only the 3rd or 4th one on a fly. With regular gear and soft plastics, fishing for bass, I catch them a little more frequently. They don't make long runs, as you can see on the video, but they keep surging away when you get them close to the boat. Makes them fun to catch, and with every surge, the chance they'll break off or shake the hook increases.

With their mouthful of teeth and strong bite force, they tear up lures.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Yes they are a mean tough looking and fighting fish. I've caught them bass fishing as well. They will smash a top water bait.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    I've had them crack hollow plastic floating minnows.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Me and you need another fishing session and hey thank you for all the stuff you contribute to this board, just became a free agent last week give me couple weeks to clean up the hacienda and well go catch a few bass

mikechell
    I sure would take you up on that, if I was there, Ben. Home, enjoying the warm weather for another day before the cold front gets here.

let me know when ur in tow nand i'll put one of m yman ynbaost in the water !!!!!!!!!!

mikechell
    Since Vett brought up the weather on the shout box ... I thought I'd bring it up here.
    Cool start to the morning, but it'll be 77 by this afternoon. And the forecasts are for another warming trend through the weekend and into next week.
    I've spent the last several weeks getting things cleaned up and settled around the house.

I should have some fish pictures tomorrow, after spending some time chasing sunfish for the freezer !!!

Thank you so much for your contributions gives my competitive potlicking buddies something to look at!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    Since Vett brought up the weather on the shout box ... I thought I'd bring it up here.
    Cool start to the morning, but it'll be 77 by this afternoon. And the forecasts are for another warming trend through the weekend and into next week.
    I've spent the last several weeks getting things cleaned up and settled around the house.

I should have some fish pictures tomorrow, after spending some time chasing sunfish for the freezer !!!
    Good luck out there. Can't wait for the report
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    This morning was a Crappie time! I only had a few hours on the water, but it was Crappie the whole time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	St. Johns River 12-27-16 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	40034