Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing a la Mike Chell

mikechell
    Vett: That first bass ... I was sight casting to the blow-up seen ... I didn't know the camera had drifted off the spot. That bass launched itself at the fly, but the camera missed it. I am really glad the second fish's hit IS on the camera.

Lou: The Panfish Attractor does sink, but it's a slow drop. On many of the retrieves, I start bringing it back as soon as it hits the water. I try to keep it within a few inches of the surface. I am usually fishing water that is less than 3 feet deep in those situations. But there are areas with deeper water, and there I'll let the fly sink 'til I think it's on the bottom. Usually, the hit comes as it's falling.

LOL The St. Johns River IS a tranquil place, when I am fishing it. I usually don't even put the boat in if the winds are going to be more than 15 MPH. I can handle fishing in the rain, as long as it's not windy. I can handle fishing when it gets a little cool, as long as it's not windy.
    I hate fishing in the wind. I control the boat with a paddle and anchors. This gets very frustrating when the winds get too strong.

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Must have done it a few thousand times, but you still smile every time you hook up. Ain't fishing great.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    that spome nice eattin gsize there mc

is that a may fly fly you chuncking?? Brought me one next time yu come to town ??
    Think igot some in my arsena l dont know where it is ....

mikechell
    Ben ... it's the fly posted back on #47. I did tie you some a few years ago. Again, it's going to be a while before I get to Texas ... but I'll bring you some.

Dan ... every fish. I've never lost that "first fish thrill" I got when I was 6. Indeed, fishing is fantastic.

I know !!!!!!!1 jus twanted yo uto say it

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Nice catchn there Mike...Lookin like you've gotten those crappie figured out...Thems some great BIG ole bream & they're putting up just aahh good a fight as those bass....NICE

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_wrider View Post
    Must have done it a few thousand times, but you still smile every time you hook up. Ain't fishing great.
    Yeah that fish catching smile is great. Sm, little, big or monster fish. That bump on the line will bring a smile.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    After my last two trips and the nice Crappie they produced, today was a little slow. NO Crappie, one Bluegill and some small bass. I also included some misses, just to show I don't always set the hook right.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Love the videos. Thanks for posting.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508