Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salty fun

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Salty fun

Went out and hooked you with my fishing buddies George (BFT) and Mark. They needed help catching fish so you know they had to call me LOL.

I took time out my busy schedule to show them how to catch a fear fish. Hey since they won't post the fishing trip I can tell my version of the fishing trip right

We targeted reds, flounder or trout. No keepers didn't cooperate. We started with soft plastics. It wasn't working as planned. Plan b was live shrimp. Second rod I had was set up for live shrimp. I cast out and bam a nice keeper black drum. Chunk it in ice chest. Re-bait and cast out again bam another on the line. Mark cast out and he catches one quick. I said man we could load up the ice chest with nice keeper drum. They said let's move to find the targeted fish on list. Me reeling in another one said how about we catch a few more keeper drum first. Lol. Not my boat so we moved to another spot. That spot was even slower than first for the soft plastic baits. I hear let's move to another spot. Hit three other spots all dead spots. Moved to another spot and bam a few more drum for cooler. I hear let's move. Again not my boat so move again. Last spot the bite for soft plastic dead again. Chunk a live shrimp and got some bites. A lot lighter bite tho. Hitting and biting shrimp in half. So I double hooked shrimp and bam a nice sheepshead getting reeled in and put in ice chest. Other guys getting bite but couldn't hook up. Fished a little more and I hook another nice keeper sheepshead. Mark at this spot got a nice keeper red.

By this time it was time to leave I hear man we should of just stayed at spot you said and filled the cooler up with keeper drum. I just started laughing. I said let just move. Lol.

Here is evidence I was catching while they were fishing. Lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	39910

Views:	34 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	39911
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Here is pics of BFT reaping the benefits of my catching.

Views:	33 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	39912

Views:	32 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	39913

Views:	33 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	39914
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

mikechell
    Mmmm ... those fillets, nice and golden like that. THAT's what fishing is about !!!

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    If fishing for food, I can't make much sense outta leaving a sheephead bite looking for a redfish lol. But I'm kinda like you veto, I'd rather stay where the action is.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Spyder Man Master in FishingTX Dutch's Avatar
    Take Sheephead fillets and boil them in crab boil, and you can't tell them apart from crab meat.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    I'll take those sheepies over those otherns any day...
    Sounds like y'all had fun out yonder.....

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    To me sheephead are far superior table fare to reds, but anything else is also. I love to catch em but not my choice to eat. Small reds the barley legal ones are OK.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    i am easy and have yet to find any food i did not like .......

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    I like them in a Tortilla Taco...WTG guys
    God Be With You

Thanks guys.

It was a fun trip. Good fishing and plenty of laughing. Big bonus were the fish to add to the fun.