Thread: Snake out house???

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Snake out house???

Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    First thing: Snakes around your house are more common than many people think. Just like all wild things, as we invade their habitats with our expansion, encounters become more publicized and inevitable.

Second, I doubt that rattler came in through the toilet drain. I am not doubting that it can fit, but that it would even try. It's not like they can reason out that their going through a passage into the house. I've seen a rattler trying to swim, and they aren't good at it. They avoid getting into the water, if at all possible. They also can't sink. Unlike other snakes, rattlers can't dive into the depths.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ocala rattler.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	40172

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Sure looks like it was coming through the drain! Make me wake up a lil more when using the bathroom in the middle of the night!
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    Snakes in the house are not uncommon in my house. I have a doggie door in the utility room and the cat will occasionally bring in a grass snake to play with. Fortunately nothing harmful except you should hear the wife when she sees them. I have to put them somewhere the cat cannot find or bring them back in so I go out to the street and drop them head first into the manhole for the sewer system. So far none have been to big for the hole in the cover. Our car gets into the hunting mode and will bring anything that moves, crawls, flies or wiggles, it she can catch them that is. Just waiting for the next gift. Yep, she follows me all the way to the manhole and will stand and watch to see if the come out after I leave. Love my cat too.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****