Thread: 14 years ago today.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

14 years ago today.

February 1st of 2003 was a Saturday. I was at work early. Had radio on and hear the news that the Columbia Space Shuttle had exploded over Texas. Where were you ? Did you find any of the debris that was scattered from Lubbock to Louisiana?

Sad day.
    Last edited by vett0111; 02-02-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    I vividly remember 9/11 but can't place where I was when this happened, Vetto. Certainly was a tragedy though.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Snapshot's Avatar
    I have a sister in Woodville and she swares that she found a small piece of the shuttle. I was still in Oregon and most likely steelhead fishing as winter is a great time to be out there knee deep fishing.
    ***** FISH ONLY BITE WET HOOKS *****

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_wrider View Post
    I vividly remember 9/11 but can't place where I was when this happened, Vetto. Certainly was a tragedy though.

I remember 9/11 as well. I was at work and heard it on radio. They sent a lady that lived 5 min from work to get a tv she had and bring it to office so folks can see what's going on. I pushed my folks to get back to work and get everything done. I had a lot upset cause I wouldn't let them watch tv up front all day. I was on edge and pushed to get everything done early. I didn't do it to be mean or me being heartless. I just wanted to get folks home so they could be with their families. I never got a thank you from them on pushing to get done early so they could leave early and get home sooner.

Some of my guys were driving into work when shuttle tragedy happened. They saw it. They came in saying what they saw. They said it looked like huge falling star. I had just heard on radio what happen, when I heard them talking about it as they were clocking in. I told them see if I wasn't a slave drivin boss you would of not had seen it happen while sleeping in bed. Hehe.
    Last edited by vett0111; 02-02-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    I don't remember what I was doing at the time of any of the shuttle tragedies.
    They just didn't register with me. Occupational hazard. I didn't know the people, I wasn't affected by their demise.

I only remember 9-11 because it pissed me off. I wasn't saddened, I knew something was going to happen. We are, after all, their "devil" and their primary goal. I am still surprised that we haven't had many more terrorist attacks. Our government doesn't do anything to stop them, we're just lucky.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I remeber it like it jus thappened yeaterday . i was at work and on my way to the parking loy and the security guards wre watchin git on tv and clued me in.

MC so many terrorist have been let into this country that it is a miracle no more tragedies have happened.We are getting it from all sides from all terroist and even some home grown name American terrorists..
    May God have mercy on this ungodly nation. congress fighting with each other our nations peace keepers being assasinated . ect.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I was launching my boat at Fairfield as I just returned from town and fueling it up. The guy with me said did you see that and I said no I was trying to get launched. We found out later in the morning it was the space shuttle exploding.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com