Thread: Welcome fishingnut!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Welcome fishingnut!!

Make welcome our newest member all the way from New Zealand fishingnut!!

We are glad you made it to FishingTX.Com, the smallest but non the les the friendliest fishing forum you will ever find.

Take a look around the forum and you'll discover a real community of very different people interested in fishing from beginners to experts. What unites everyone is the desire to communicate, share, learn and discuss fishing. It's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge, share it with us. We will all thank you for helping us get to know you better. We invite you to go to the Introduction forum and give us a little information about you, family, fishing preferences.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Welcome aboard fishingnut

Thanks for joining us.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Junior Member Hooked on FishingTX
    A big Thank you Gentleben, I have had a few members wanting to know about the fishing over here , so here goe's. Fresh water species are trout up to about 15 pounds and salmon up to about 45 pounds, we also have eels both short fin and long fin, whitebait, fresh water crayfish (koura), perch, rainbow trout up to about 35 pounds, some waterways in mainly the North Island have koi carp but only one or two but we consider a real pest and they have some bow fishing days to help get rid of them. That's about it for the fresh water species. Some of the main salt water fish are Blue cod, Snapper, Mackerel, Red cod, Trumpeter, Jock steward, Grouper, Sea bass, different types of Tuna, Kahawai, Oysters, Mussels, Clams, Scollops, Stingrays,Kingfish,Swordfish, Marlin, Sand sharks, Blue sharks, Hammerhead sharks, Marko sharks Moki, Ling, and very rarely the odd sunfish and many more types of fish.The heaviest trout I have caught is 19 pound, I have caught a few 5 and 6 pounders but mainly 2.5 to 3.5 pounders and the heaviest salmon I have caught is 17 pounds. The most whitebait I have scooped in one tide was 600 pounds in 2.25 hours I was doing it for a living at the time iI was also a professional meat hunter ( deer ) did a lot of foot shooting , and also used a jet boat for shooting and working with helicopters on venison recovery. The deer here in New Zealand were a huge problem but they seem to be under control now in most parts of the country. Tight lines and good hunting everyone.

Gentleben , I hope you will place my reply in the correct section of the forum for me as quite a few members were quite interested in the fishing in New Zealand
    A big thank you.

Very cool.

What type of deer? Big red stag there correct? Also I here there are a lot of feral goats?
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Hi vett0111, you are right we have massive red deer and wapiti, Sika deer, Rusa deer, Fallow deer, Japanese deer, Pig's, Goat's.
    As a meat hunter I used to hunter red deer but am a lot older now and mainly hunt Fallow deer and the odd red deer and goat.
    Still love hunting including duck hunting and really love fishing.

The Pit Master Moderator Master in FishingTX Bigl's Avatar
    FishingNut welcome to Fishingtx. My dad met my mother in NZ and they married when they came to the states. I have a few relatives in NZ that I stay in touch with. I have never been able to see NZ. My mother did get to make a trip back to visit but I had just started teaching High School and could not go. My sister went with her and took a lot of pictures. Sadly several relatives have passed since then. My dad did get to do some hunting and often talked about it. Enjoy your beautiful place to live.

Low and Slow BBQ Team

Quote Originally Posted by fishingnut View Post
    Hi vett0111, you are right we have massive red deer and wapiti, Sika deer, Rusa deer, Fallow deer, Japanese deer, Pig's, Goat's.
    As a meat hunter I used to hunter red deer but am a lot older now and mainly hunt Fallow deer and the odd red deer and goat.
    Still love hunting including duck hunting and really love fishing.

Target rich environment. If you can please post some pics of the critters you hunted. Beautiful place you are from. Love to go there one day.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Thank you so much for your response fishingnut!!
    Very greatful indeedy!!