Thread: Don't Forget

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar

Don't Forget

Ta double check all them there plugs before launching.....LOL
    I was able to do a sneak out early Satdy morning....bright & early it was & my usual routine was for sure not in place....however I did find out my boat will not sink if'n I were to bust a hole in it....fished 2hrs before noticing "hey idiot those plugs in your cup holders are suppose to be in your boat".....
    With my boat being self bailing I still put plugs in the cockpit scuppers to keep the floor dry....but I dint do my usual walk around just checking everything.....transducer, prop, hydro-foil & "plugs"......
    I usually never take the bottom plugs out but do every other month or so to make sure the inside stays dry.....I ain't gotta worry bout it being dry now but I did give it a good flushing.....
    While I was tossing slabs in tha live well I did think to myself "dang that water is sure high in that live well"....LOL it dint dong on me until I was ready to make a move & then seen the plugs.....

There ain't no water pose to be comin out them thar holes.....LOL

Last edited by SKsCrappie; 02-20-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Ha! I found out a long time ago my old 16 ft aluminum would flat out sink-FAST like that lol. Launched it at night in lake fork and took a min to figure out what was going on. Had to beach it on an island after running full throttle for a while to get some of the water out and then jump in to plug her up and bilge out the rest.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    They are there for a reason, i found out the hard way at night!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    We all have a Dha moment in life
    God Be With You

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Ta double check all them there plugs before launching.....LOL
    I was able to do a sneak out early Satdy morning....bright & early it was & my usual routine was for sure not in place....however I did find out my boat will not sink if'n I were to bust a hole in it....fished 2hrs before noticing "hey idiot those plugs in your cup holders are suppose to be in your boat".....
    With my boat being self bailing I still put plugs in the cockpit scuppers to keep the floor dry....but I dint do my usual walk around just checking everything.....transducer, prop, hydro-foil & "plugs"......
    I usually never take the bottom plugs out but do every other month or so to make sure the inside stays dry.....I ain't gotta worry bout it being dry now but I did give it a good flushing.....
    While I was tossing slabs in tha live well I did think to myself "dang that water is sure high in that live well"....LOL it dint dong on me until I was ready to make a move & then seen the plugs.....

There ain't no water pose to be comin out them thar holes.....LOL

Water is gushing out them there holes.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508