Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help or Hurt the fishing

Member Hooked on FishingTX bigfishtale's Avatar

Help or Hurt the fishing

http://www.hkatexas.com/2017/02/luce-bayou/

I've been hearing about this for a couple years now, but I guess they are finally going to stop talking about it and do it. I live right off Luce Bayou and original plans showed the pipeline coming right behind my house and dumping into the bayou right at the 2100 bridge. Now it looks like it will come in closer down towards the lake. Any thoughts on what it will do to the lake? There will be a pump station so it will have a constant flow, I'm sure based on supply needs by Houston. (2) 96" pipes is a lot of volume. I wonder if it will change the normal flow at Livingston dam...?

mikechell
    If I am seeing the map correctly, Luce Bayou is not a flowing stream. It's not fed from other reservoirs or other main flows. Pumping water in will backflow the Bayou for a while. That usually puts fish off for weeks, since the environment is completely "foreign". After a week or two, they should start acclimating and biting again.
    But, if the flow is not constant, the varying flows could drive some of the fish right out of the bayou altogether.

It will settle and the fish will get used to it ... but it might take months, maybe a year or more.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX luckydog's Avatar
    I have nothing nice to say about the run-off from Dallas.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Hmmm. Guess time will tell. Thanks for info.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    From the map, it looks like it will dump in at the White Cross loop. If you were there in your boat when they open those two 96" pipelines you would be "flushed" down Luces into the lake. Will probably get some Trinity River White Bass pumped into Lake Houston for Lou.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    I tell ya Meryle, we could sure use some White Bass from Livingston thats for sure. Hopefully a few Stripers will make the trip over to Lake Hou.

Where is White Cross Loop?? I'm not familiar with that location??
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    Looking closer at the video, it looks to me like the water is going to go into Luces around the FM 2200 bridge (second bridge up from Ponderosa.)
    If that is the case it will be some swift water from second bridge down to the mouth of Lake Hou.
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou The Fisherman View Post
    I tell ya Meryle, we could sure use some White Bass from Livingston thats for sure. Hopefully a few Stripers will make the trip over to Lake Hou.

Where is White Cross Loop?? I'm not familiar with that location??
    Downstream of Ponderosa -- white cross on tree -- loop/bay to the south. (I think old route of Luces) -- you have to stop the news video to see it -- however with my glasses I may be wrong.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    not sure how accurate my info is but the water is supposed to be coming in to "Redneck cove" just north of where the white cross is by land the water canal just south of the cemetery is where the water will flow across 2100luce-bayout-project-map-1000x630.jpg