Thread: WHAT

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar

WHAT

Was I ever thinking to launch at Duessen Park yestdy.....

When I say don't ever think about it with ANY kind of wind with north in it trust me you don't want any part of it....

Anyways I got to do a bunch of scanning in some areas that I've haven't witch is always a good thing specially with as tough as the bite has been so I put in some work to improve my odds....

Took me about an hour to figure out where to tie the boat up to back the trailer (so the BIG bolts & cables wouldn't tear up my boat) & get get the boat on tha trailer in 2 to 3' waves.....

Lemme tell it wasn't easy but I got it done without any damage to my boat nor trailer....

I let out a few choice words as soon as I finally got up on the trailer & I'm sorry if'n I offended any of tha folks that were there wondering "what is this idiot doin out in such bad conditions" but those were words of joy... ...

Now that I got that done I fell I'm a purdy good launcher & loader but I don't wanna get caught in those conditions ever again...

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Must be talking about Friday? It was pretty rough on the lake Friday but Saturday wasn't too bad up at Conroe.
    I think we've all uttered a few choice words when dealing with wind and waves lol.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Wow that wind was giving y'all heck.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    iv'e made that mistake also . had a 16 ft skeeter wrangler with a drive on trailer , don't want to do it again .
    cant help someone see the light if you cover them with hate