Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Above ground pool and decking

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    fella at work says to ask the yard service crews around your neighbor hood , also to ask any roofing crews working around you . he says he did this and found a guy to build his wooden fence .
    cant help someone see the light if you cover them with hate

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1 View Post
    fella at work says to ask the yard service crews around your neighbor hood , also to ask any roofing crews working around you . he says he did this and found a guy to build his wooden fence .
    Thanks for the tip, Fish1. The new date for the pool install is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully by the weekend I can have enough water in it to use it. Like I said, I'll have to financially recover from the pool before starting the decking.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Great advice from Fish1.
    Dan, I have to level off a 33x 20 spot for a storage/ car port. Never done this before but the tractor will make it much easier. I don't even know the best dirt to get hauled in yet. When in doubt, go to YouTube. I'd be willing to bet you and a buddy could build a safe, sturdy deck.
    What kind of fish are you going to stock in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by AthensMike View Post
    Great advice from Fish1.
    Dan, I have to level off a 33x 20 spot for a storage/ car port. Never done this before but the tractor will make it much easier. I don't even know the best dirt to get hauled in yet. When in doubt, go to YouTube. I'd be willing to bet you and a buddy could build a safe, sturdy deck.
    What kind of fish are you going to stock in the pool?
    Well, it is a saltwater pool. Spose i could stock a few trout in her lol.
    As for building the deck, still not interested. If i can find someone to do it for a fair price, they can have at it. After putting in 55-60 hrs a week at work (if everything goes right) i'm not too interested in tackling a project like that in my time off.
    On another note, DMG showed up this morning to install the pool.
    I am at work, of course but the wife had off and is sending me pictures of their progress. Glad i didn't try to tackle this pool install as they got a whole crew that does this every day and this is as far as they have made it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0588.jpg   IMG_0589.jpg   IMG_0590.jpg  

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    A pool is good for one thing - and that is to test your fishing lures because you can see them and see how they run!! L O L
    Good luck with the pool Mr. Dan.
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou The Fisherman View Post
    A pool is good for one thing - and that is to test your fishing lures because you can see them and see how they run!! L O L
    Good luck with the pool Mr. Dan.
    I can think of a couple more things, Lou.
    Anyway, they brought the wrong liner with them so this is the last update today. They will have to come back out to finish up tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0592.jpg   IMG_0593.jpg   IMG_0594.jpg  

Dan, I understand you. I have no less than 60 hr weeks, but a lot of that is commute time. Plus, you have a family. I'd pay someone to do it also. I have good friends who would curse me, in a loving way, for paying someone to do a project like this one. But they have families too and I would feel like crapola for asking for weekend time. I work my rear end off here at home on the weekends but I ENJOY it. Big difference.
    Enjoy that pool.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Nice. Y'all will be swimming in no time.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Just curious how the pool and deck turned out Dan. What kind of fish did you decide to stock in it?
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Quote Originally Posted by AthensMike View Post
    Just curious how the pool and deck turned out Dan. What kind of fish did you decide to stock in it?
    The pool has been quite the process, Mike. I'm really happy with the install but had to stop adding water for a few days till these guys could come back out and get some wrinkles out of the liner.
    I am amazed at how long it is taking to fill this thing as well. I am on a well and trying not to burn it up so I can only run the well an hour or so at a time. Takes a while to pump out nearly 22,000 gallons that way. The goal is to be swimming by Saturday. Should be accomplished barring anymore hickups.
    As for the decking, that is still a ways off. I have no extra money right now. Not a huge deal at the moment as the pool came with a ladder I can use till I get some funds together to start the deck.
    If we get to take a dip this weekend, I'll snap a pic or 2 of it and update the thread.