Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I phones

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

I phones

I need some input from someone who owns and uses an I phone. I considering making the step up to a smart phone. I can get a deal thru my friend and looking for tips and opinions on the I phone 6+, 7, and SE. I'm concerned about the size and bulk of these phones. Plus I know they don't take to being dropped very well. Please share your input good, bad, or indifferent.
    thanks
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    I love mine.

You can get a otter box for it. I'd advise it. It will help protect it from a drop.

Also a screen protector to save screen from scratches and screen from getting cracked.

I can post pics to FishingTx from iPhone

I don't have the + tho.

Pics and videos are easily uploaded to a computer. No need to Bring an extra camera on fishing trip with iPhone in your pocket. I will say it is a phone that once you get use to it will be an awesome gadget. Apps, online surfing and camera will spoil you. Haha. Heck you will wonder why you took so long to get one.
    Last edited by vett0111; 06-20-2017 at 01:33 AM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Thanks just some of the first hand info I was looking for. The size is a concern along with the delicate nature of the glass screen. i do and have dropped the RugbyII several times and it is like a Timex. Do you have the 6 or 7?
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    welcome to The Dark Side.

I hope the Dark Side is nothing like a Walk on The Wild Side!
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

I have two. Lol. My work phone and personal phone are both 6.

These new phones are great. I'm not a mega tech savvy person. Tho I will say iPhone to me was easy to learn. As I said before once you get one you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

You will have access to World Wide Web. FishingTx while on da water . You will have acces to your emails, internet, GPS apps and yes,it's also a phone. Haha.

Great part on the bigger unit is the bigger screen.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Use this as an example. I was on FishingTx on my iPhone. I see your post and start reading it. I see your website link and tap it. Your website opens up. I tap on trophy photos. I see this famous guy. I tap pic to view larger. I can hold my finger on pic and save it to my phone. Once it's on my phones photo library I can post it here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	40603
    Last edited by vett0111; 06-20-2017 at 09:17 PM.

There are also water proof cases too.

I also keep phone in clear waterproof box. While in boat or wading. Just want to be safe as I can with it.

Get it out when pics or video need to be taken.

I once had the famous guys autograph on some wild pork, both was good
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

The Pit Master Moderator Master in FishingTX Bigl's Avatar
    I have owned a iPhone for years. I added a mophie case to protect it and it has a extra battery built in and this keeps it charged for extended time. I have the 6.

Low and Slow BBQ Team